Overpower Online World Cup 3

Started by breadmaster, September 14, 2011, 08:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

breadmaster

ok, this is the sign up topic for the 3rd tourney.  the format will be very similar to the last one, but i'll tweak it based on the number of participants.  i'll let y'all know the exact format before we start

this sign up topic will be open until next wed night at midnight (eastern)...that is, 12AM on thursday

last time we had 3 countries represented.  we need a mystery person to show up to get us to 4...any lurkers out there from accross the pond?

drdeath25

Well, I want to play in a tournament, but I dont want to represent the terrible country of the USA. Can i be the mystery 4th "independant"?

BigBadHarve

Count me in repping Team Canada. (Though I won't be using Dept. H.... or will I?)

;)

-BBH

breadmaster

oh, also, if anyone wants to start building decks, the rules for that will be the same as last time

marvels are good
classic inserts are good
jla watchtower is out

CoS

I'd play the Thor/Doppelgänger with Department H deck of Onslaughts. (with some personal playsryle tweaks). Setting up the Down But not out turn with Viking Pyre just warms my heart. But still no computer (or server based IPhone 4 friendly program) so I must site out again.

gameplan.exe

I. Am. IN!

... actually, I'm just "N"... you know, like N(ic)? okay, bad little "joke" there, but I'm still game for this tourney. I'll try to bring a more competitive deck this time. Or not  :P
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

breadmaster

chatted with bios earlier, and he's in again

hmm...seems the interest level is down for this.  shame

in so far:

bbh
drd
ncann
bios
me

gameplan.exe

Quote from: breadmaster on September 19, 2011, 09:46:15 PM
chatted with bios earlier, and he's in again

hmm...seems the interest level is down for this.  shame

in so far:

bbh
drd
ncann
bios
me

I talked to Ranerdar and he said he had some interest, but was concerned about the time requirements. If we only go with the 5, let's go with a Round Robin and then a seeded 5-man double elimination. With only 5, the RR shouldn't take long and double elimination isn't hard to maintain either, since you can have the Winners' and Losers' brackets going simultaneously.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

Kal-el

Not sure if I'll be in for this or not, but just today I was able to buy one of our old work laptops for $35. I'll try throwing OPOnline on there and see how it works.

breadmaster

i'm hoping we snag a couple latecomers

if we only get 5, the format i'll use is: top seed gets bye to finals.  seeds 2 and 3 play each other to see who plays him.

the real shame is, the amount of players we're losing in successive tournaments

the first one had 8; half returned for the 2nd
the second had 10, only 5 returning so far for this one :(

ADDITION

well, looks like it's indeed a 5 man affair, gentlemen

the format is as i mentioned.  the round robin will last a week.

begin the games anytime, and good luck!

drdeath25

Let's hope the Judge of this tournament doesent DQ everyone so he wins this time.

So i am stating right now, I am available for a game always. Contact me to play.

It's not me holding up the tournament, I swear.

I want to start this baby off with a win, when are you available ncann?

breadmaster

gameplan.exe

I should be able to start playing tomo night. gotta help my kid sister with her algebra
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

Nate Grey

Good luck to all the participants.  :)