OPO Fantasy Draft Tournament - Proposal

Started by DiceK, March 15, 2012, 09:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiceK

I had the opportunity to play a couple of OPO games w/ a couple of you, and enjoyed it a lot.

I wanted to find out if anyone would be interested in doing a Fantasy OPO League.

Format: 
1.  Hold a live draft via Conference call or online Chat Room. 
2.  Every player gets to draft 8 Characters. (Beyonder not included)
3.  Some sort of weekly schedule is made.  You play every team at least once. 
4.  Top 4 or 6 teams (Depending on Interest) compete in playoffs.
5.  Winner is determined.

I think an entry fee of a VR card valued at like $10 to $15 or something like that would be in order.  Winner take all.

This is just a crazy idea I had.  I have the feeling it will hit w/ someone, and if so, that's enough. 

I'm interested in doing this, so anyone else, please let me know, and we'll try to set something up.

Regards,

DiceK

gameplan.exe

I'd be very interested if it was for free  ;)
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Jesse

Quote from: ncannelora on March 15, 2012, 10:30:49 AM
I'd be very interested if it was for free  ;)

I haven't played OPO yet but if I did, I think I would feel the same way - especially since some people were mentioning cards "disappearing" every now and then - if that happened in a tournament that you paid a VR card for, people would be ticked off  ;)
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

breadmaster

have to agree with the free thing

there were online tournaments i did with accusations of cheating (and that's with NO prizes!).  it's too easy to get away with

but i'm always up for some tournament action!

gameplan.exe

I especially like the idea of a draft-tourney. no duplicate characters should make for some very cool teams! If we get 8 choices apiece and get even just 8 people, that could make for some rare character appearances  :D
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

DiceK

Forget the cost.  Lets just try this for fun.

If anyone wants to take lead to organize, feel free.  If not, i will.

breadmaster

couple questions

1) why 8 characters?

2) why ban beyonder?

zippa_head

I'm in for playing.

If the main organizer needs help as well, i will try to.

zippa_head

DiceK

Quote from: breadmaster on March 17, 2012, 05:03:14 PM
couple questions

1) why 8 characters?

2) why ban beyonder?

1.  Pick a #

2.  I think he's too powerful.  Not necessary.

Demacus

How would the drafting go?  This is an OPO tourney right?  So all players have access to all characters, being that there are over 200 character cards in Overpower, minus Beyonder, how big is the draft pool?  Who's in the pool to draft from?  I would assume you are drafting 8 in case the team you started pulling out couldn't be finished because someone else drafted a character you needed/wanted for your team.  It sounds like a great idea and I'm definately interested, especially if we have scheduled match-ups.

breadmaster

beyonder is a rock solid character, no doubt

but if one uses him, one must sacrifice the grids of the other characters.  i guess what i'm saying is he has pros and cons like any character

DiceK

Maybe calling it a fantasy opo league is a better description.  We would have a random draft order and then do an 8 round draft.  Characters would not include their 3 stat counterpart. 

If you want to get this started, lets do this. 

we would have weekly matches and at the end of playoffs crown a champion.