The 2012 Overpower Online Fantasy Draft League

Started by DiceK, March 18, 2012, 06:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiceK

This is the official announcement of the Overpower Online Fantasy League

This is a league that is FREE to enter.  It will be for the purposes of having fun, and learning about Overpower.

Official Rules will be observed in this league.  No House Rules.  DiD is in effect. 

Each match will be the best of 3 games.  You will have 1 week to complete your match, or you will be given a No Contest.

We will NOT use the Marvels set.  Before anyone asks why, it's because it was never officially released.  I don't see this as being a big deal.  If you have a huge problem w/ this, simply don't enter the league.

10 Teams will be allowed to enter this league. If there is an overwhelming response to this, we will extend it. 

Draft:  Estimated Draft Date - Sunday April 1 8:00PM EST.  You will have 2 minutes to make your pick.  I will provide a conference call #. 

When you draft a character, you are only drafting the one player card.  For example.  If you draft Mojo, you are drafting ONLY the Mojo from Powersurge OR from IQ.  You do not get the right to use both Mojo's.

I estimate that the league will last for 10 weeks, followed by playoffs.  The top 4 Teams will compete to determine a champion.

If you intend to participate in this league, please email me at johnnyvtec2@gmail.com.  Use the Subject:  "OPO League".  Please include your Name (Nickname is fine) and Team Name. 

Draft Order will be determined a few days before the draft.  No draft pick trading is permitted.

I want everyone that enters this tournament to be perfectly clear about 1 thing...This league's purpose is to HAVE FUN.  If you are going to be a source of conflict, I would rather you did not enter.  I think everyone should look at this as an opportunity to spread interest in the game. 

Thank you for your time and understanding.

If you have any questions, by all means, post them on this thread. 

Regards,

DiceK

PS:  Thanks to Zippahead for offering to assist.  I will let you know if/when I'd like some assistance.

breadmaster

can one switch their deck around from match to match?

DiceK

breadmaster

ah, i see...that's new

kept scratching my head at 8 characters ;)

gameplan.exe

So, with the 3 and 4 stat characters being separate, does that mean that one person can draft 3-Stat Mojo and another person can draft 4-stat Mojo?

Also, where do we stand with the list of entrants? (my email will be coming later today)
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

breadmaster

zippa_head

Still count me in for playing and helping with it DiceK, I will email u later as well.

zippa_head

steve2275

whats that mean?
besides ill be watching wrestlemania 28 (go punk)

DiceK

Quote from: ncannelora on March 19, 2012, 01:50:20 PM
So, with the 3 and 4 stat characters being separate, does that mean that one person can draft 3-Stat Mojo and another person can draft 4-stat Mojo?

Also, where do we stand with the list of entrants? (my email will be coming later today)

Correct.

We have a total of 4 thus far.

I'm going to give it another few days.  Hope to get 6 at least.

breadmaster

hey, can i register here, or do i have to send you the email

also, i'm not sure i understand this conference call stuff.  is it an actual phone number, or can we do this online through a chat?

gameplan.exe

Quote from: breadmaster on March 20, 2012, 05:20:30 PM
hey, can i register here, or do i have to send you the email

also, i'm not sure i understand this conference call stuff.  is it an actual phone number, or can we do this online through a chat?

hopefully a chatroom will work. I don't like talking on the phone  :-[
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

DiceK

[/quote]

hopefully a chatroom will work. I don't like talking on the phone  :-[
[/quote]

It can be a chat room.

BigBadHarve

Quote from: DiceK on March 20, 2012, 09:55:51 PM

It can be a chat room.

If we all have MSN, we can do a multi-person chat so we're all in the same window. I think most of us use MSN...

-BBH

Demacus

Let me know when the call is going to happen.  I should have little trouble being a part of this.  :D