The 2012 Overpower Online Fantasy Draft League

Started by DiceK, March 18, 2012, 06:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiceK

Quote from: Demacus on March 21, 2012, 08:59:28 AM
Let me know when the call is going to happen.  I should have little trouble being a part of this.  :D

Does this mean you would like to participate?  If so, please send me an email request.

Thanks.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: BigBadHarve on March 20, 2012, 10:59:11 PM
If we all have MSN, we can do a multi-person chat so we're all in the same window. I think most of us use MSN...

-BBH

I have MSN  :)

The more I think about it, the more and more excited I am about this!!
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

gameplan.exe

can we get an update on this, DiceK? Seriously, I'm geeking out on this format. I even created my own Draft Board (i'm such a nerd!!)  ;D
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

Jesse

I really wish I had the time to do this! Just based on some your crazy posts on here a lot of you guys seem like you would be fun to play against. I am interested in hearing results as things turn out if someone doesnt care to update.
Beta Ray Bill makes a WHOLE lot more sense at Avengers Mansion than Beyonder showing up and helping out during a fight. - breadmaster

DiceK

Quote from: ncannelora on March 23, 2012, 02:57:40 PM
can we get an update on this, DiceK? Seriously, I'm geeking out on this format. I even created my own Draft Board (i'm such a nerd!!)  ;D

I will accept entries til tonight.  We are at 6 or 7.

I will contact each player tomorrow.

Demacus

I'm assuming we should have characters in mind for our 8 before the actual draft begins?  lol  We going by who's and underdog and who's not, cause I've only ever won a single game of OPO.  :D 

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Demacus on March 24, 2012, 04:28:51 PM
I'm assuming we should have characters in mind for our 8 before the actual draft begins?  lol  We going by who's and underdog and who's not, cause I've only ever won a single game of OPO.  :D

Probably good if you have some idea of your priorities  :D

Also, it's a serpentine draft, so it shouldn't matter TOO much who goes first (the order will reverse, every other round).

P.S.

So, I just re-read this:
QuoteDraft:  Estimated Draft Date - Sunday April 1 8:00PM EST.  You will have 2 minutes to make your pick.  I will provide a conference call #. 

and I realized I'll be in Disneyland at this exact time. Now, while I would love to have the date/time pushed back a little bit, I realize that I'm not the only person who has a schedule to consider. Since I'll be happily in Disneyland, I'm also not in a position to complain  ;D So, anyway, if we're not able to move it, I could also simply supply you with my ultra-nerdy and clearly obsessive Draft Board and you could simply take the next highest rated Character each time it's my turn.

In the words of Mrs. Cope (my daughter's 1st grade teacher), "You get what you get and you're happy with it."  ;) thanks
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

gameplan.exe

So, for all of my fellow posters who are not joining our league, I thought I'd post a little update. We've been doing a lot of emailing between us players and the league commish (DiceK), but I want to keep everyone else in the loop to some degree, at least to keep interest high for when we go into our next Season  :D

Anyway, as it stands, we're currently working out when to hold the actual Draft. We're also waiting to hear the Draft order. Between this new OPOFL and the pending NFL Draft (later in Apr), I'm going a little crazy with all my mocking!! I'll be sure to post again when I get more deets  ;)
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

DiceK

The Draft is tonight at 10PM.  I will post a listing of the drafted players afterwards.

Demacus

DiceK

I'm happy to report that tonight's draft largely a success.  Below are the results of tonight's draft.

mattkoz