The 2012 Overpower Online Fantasy Draft League

Started by DiceK, March 18, 2012, 06:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nate Grey

Quote from: ncannelora on April 22, 2012, 04:07:00 AM
yeah, the first column shows the weekly results, the second column shows how we got there.

For example, I've lost both my weeks so far, and in both weeks I lost our best-of-three by sweeps. Whereas Zippa lost his first week to BBH by tying that week, then losing that best-of-three tie-breaker. For the standings, we're first using the weekly results, then deferring to the individual match results for tie-breakers on that. So, Breadmaster has an edge on BBH right now because, while they're both 2-0, BBH has lost a match while Breadmaster has not yet lost (although, I'm not sure where DarKBladE09 fits with them at that posted record...)

I see now. Thanks for the explanation!  :)

gameplan.exe

not sure how the rest of the standings should look. zippa and I have to finish our matches for last week. when we left off, he had me 1-0. But, I just played BBH in some tight, high-risk play and eeked out my first W!

breadmaster 3-0 (6-0)
BigBadHarve 2-2 (5-5)
zippa_head . 1-1 (3-2)
DarKBladE09 1-1 (2-2)
DiceK . . . . . 0-2 (0-4)
ncannelora. . 1-2 (2-5) (without the 0-1 from zippa, yet)

in our tie-breaker, our first hand BBH got Best Laid Plans... I knew he was using that auto-venture team and using Excelsior, so I needed to plan carefully. I still needed to plant DoW, because I just couldn't be sure if he'd get some activators. I also planted my own Event to move the Completed Missions back to Reserve, because I knew I could place 7 cards of my current hand. Then I planted a lv.8 AP Power card and a Master Mold, figuring I need to get as few offensive Specials as possible.
So, back to the placing.
I had 1 duplicate. So, I place everything else. notably, Power Leech, A-Next, 7I attack for Sentinels and 5E attack for Juggs. He placed 4, I think. I venture 1, he ventures 2. I concede.
Next hand, his Event comes up: No E Icons to attack.
My Event comes up to reset the Completed Missions... and also my other 2 Events! D'oh!!
So, i'm down 3 cards - the 5E on Juggs, and the 2 extra Events. But, I had him outplaced, so I'm feeling tentative... then he Ventures 7 FTW!!!
there's some good, careful back-and-forth. The biggest move was me hitting Invisible Woman with Mutant Countermeasures (GA), and then hitting her again with Power Leech. Notably, it was that I used Power Leech on the AP icon, dropping his lv.5 and lv.6 Power cards...

In the end, I hit him with 24 points of venture, but after his manipulations through Inherents, Excelsior, and Frictionless Foam, it was 12-4 me.

First WIN!  ;D

updated:

breadmaster 3-0 (6-0)
zippa_head . 2-1 (5-2)
BigBadHarve 2-2 (5-5)
DarKBladE09 1-1 (2-2)
ncannelora. . 1-3 (2-7)
DiceK . . . . . 0-2 (0-4)

Lost my second game to zippa in terrible fashion  :-\
on the plus side, my win over BBH earlier gets me out of last place! I'm coming after you next, DarKBladE09!!!
;D
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

BigBadHarve

Yup, got my arse handed to me. Alas, my Venture deck is a killer against battlesite teams, but not so effective against Any Heroes.

DarkBlade and I have done two of our 3 matches, with 1 win apiece. I'll update when that last match is done.

-BBH

gameplan.exe

Quote from: BigBadHarve on May 07, 2012, 12:58:55 PM
Yup, got my arse handed to me. Alas, my Venture deck is a killer against battlesite teams, but not so effective against Any Heroes.

DarkBlade and I have done two of our 3 matches, with 1 win apiece. I'll update when that last match is done.

-BBH

Speaking of upcoming matches, has anyone heard from DiceK lately? he's my last opponent (for next week), but it looks like he has some other games to get through first...
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

DiceK

My apologies.  I am still 1 or 2 games short of completing my match w/ Darkblade.  Last week, I played Zippa_Head who defeated me 2-1.  I will be sure to get w/ Darkblade this week and complete our match, as well as my remaining match.

I have been extremely busy with work, not allowing me much time for OPO.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: DiceK on May 07, 2012, 04:31:03 PM
My apologies.  I am still 1 or 2 games short of completing my match w/ Darkblade.  Last week, I played Zippa_Head who defeated me 2-1.  I will be sure to get w/ Darkblade this week and complete our match, as well as my remaining match.

I have been extremely busy with work, not allowing me much time for OPO.

i hate it when work interferes with my OP!  >:(
it's all good, man. I'm still having a blast with this tournament  :)
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

DiceK

Everyone please update your record at the end of the week.

DiceK . . . . . 1-3 (3-6)

With ncannelora to go.

BigBadHarve

Finished my matchup with Cody, taking the game and the round.

Updated rankings:

breadmaster 3-0 (6-0)
zippa_head . 3-1 (7-3)
BigBadHarve 3-2 (7-6)
DarKBladE09 1-3 (3-4+ ?? from match with DiceK)
ncannelora. . 1-3 (2-7)

gameplan.exe

Quote from: BigBadHarve on May 09, 2012, 01:51:14 AM
Finished my matchup with Cody, taking the game and the round.

Updated rankings:

breadmaster 3-0 (6-0)
zippa_head . 3-1 (7-3)
BigBadHarve 3-2 (7-6)
DarKBladE09 1-3 (3-4+ ?? from match with DiceK)
ncannelora. . 1-3 (2-7)

In other words, in order for me to get into the playoffs, I need beat DiceK and I need DarKBladE09 to lose his last series.

DarKBladE09, who are you playing last?
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

Nostalgic

Quote from: ncannelora on May 09, 2012, 03:26:28 PM

In other words, in order for me to get into the playoffs, I need beat DiceK and I need DarKBladE09 to lose his last series.

DarKBladE09, who are you playing last?

Here's the fun part of the 'season'. Get out the computer models so we know which teams cheer on to give the underdogs a chance. LOL!  ;D
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."

breadmaster

got my match in with darkblade.  escaped by the skin of my teeth first game, and took the second comfortably

breadmaster 4-0 (8-0)
zippa_head . 3-1 (7-3)
BigBadHarve 3-2 (7-6)
ncannelora. . 1-3 (2-7)
DarKBladE09 1-4 (3-6+ ?? from match with DiceK)

zippa_head

Sorry for the hold up everyone, I have been very busy with a new job...I still have to play Breadmaster, hopefully something will go down this weekend. I am usually gone all week.

See what we can do and go to the next step.

Dan

gameplan.exe

Quote from: zippa_head on May 20, 2012, 12:46:48 PM
Sorry for the hold up everyone, I have been very busy with a new job...I still have to play Breadmaster, hopefully something will go down this weekend. I am usually gone all week.

See what we can do and go to the next step.

Dan

no worries, man. I still can't seem to get ahold of DiceK. As I always said in High School - if the teacher's late, no one else is  ;D
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

DiceK

Guys, I apologize as well.  I have been extremely busy with life and work.  I may have some time this weekend to finish my last week match.  Please bare with me.  Thanks.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: DiceK on May 24, 2012, 07:29:15 AM
Guys, I apologize as well.  I have been extremely busy with life and work.  I may have some time this weekend to finish my last week match.  Please bare with me.  Thanks.

no problem, man. I'll bear with you  ;)
http://youtu.be/Qmy5rT2AyzE
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27