Adding Cards to the database

Started by BasiliskFang, May 14, 2012, 01:53:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BasiliskFang

Does anybody know how to add cards to the data base? My brother and I want to create some cards possibly DC3.

Furthermore: Is there a known error log of illegal actions that will make it crash? It seems I can't even get a game to finish.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: BasiliskFang on May 14, 2012, 01:53:57 AM
Does anybody know how to add cards to the data base? My brother and I want to create some cards possibly DC3.

Furthermore: Is there a known error log of illegal actions that will make it crash? It seems I can't even get a game to finish.

I have no idea about the first question, but you bring up a great point about the second issue. I'm not sure I've seen a specific thread listing some of the bugs that cause crashes. It's mostly been a trial by fire for me. I've haven't played tons of games, but I can tell you a couple that I can remember off the top of my head:

you can't actually "play" artifact cards. When you want to play them, just put it back in your hand and "place" it again to the character who will have it, then end your turn.

Don't remove cards, except during the actual "fight" portion of a hand. Trying to remove cards during the discard, place, or venture phases can cause crashes (this is true for inherent abilities or "hits" that only lasted a battle, or even other Specials that were in play from a previous battle).
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

BasiliskFang

i guess i can try to make a list of what specifically happened. im even getting a lot of crashes with the deck builder.

Is everyone playing 2.6b?

steve2275

Quote from: BasiliskFang on May 14, 2012, 03:56:05 PM
i guess i can try to make a list of what specifically happened. im even getting a lot of crashes with the deck builder.

Is everyone playing 2.6b?
i do

ncannelora
QuoteDon't remove cards, except during the actual "fight" portion of a hand. Trying to remove cards during the discard, place, or venture phases can cause crashes (this is true for inherent abilities or "hits" that only lasted a battle, or even other Specials that were in play from a previous battle).
thanks ncann
i better remember that