Four Freedoms Plaza - Shifting Attacks

Started by a_noble_kaz, November 13, 2010, 01:34:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve2275

Quote from: Nate Grey on April 07, 2012, 01:58:03 AM
Quote from: Jesse on April 05, 2012, 01:34:47 PM
I'm thinking with all of the FFPlaza talks going on that I should finally get around to checking this out for a build for myself!

Haha! You and me both. After seeing more FFPlaza in play, I must admit it makes for a cool and fun deck. Will definitely build one and surprise my friends with it.  ;)
lets see it in opo

steve2275

never understood why if say reed is attacked i cant shift to thing and use rock skin to defend or to torch or susie (AG)

gameplan.exe

Quote from: steve2275 on February 09, 2013, 02:56:30 AM
never understood why if say reed is attacked i cant shift to thing and use rock skin to defend or to torch or susie (AG)
I think it becomes pretty broken, especially with I.Woman having 2 different avoids.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

teesaw

Quote from: ncannelora on February 09, 2013, 11:22:39 PM
Quote from: steve2275 on February 09, 2013, 02:56:30 AM
I think it becomes pretty broken, especially with I.Woman having 2 different avoids.

I was looking into this rule myself:

Attacks that are shifted must be defended by utilizing the character's power grids. Power cards, Universe cards, and Tactic cards can all be used by the team to defend the shifted attack. Special cards (including those played via activator) cannot be used.

Can somebody confirm that this was an added rule specific to this homebase, and does not apply to all shifted attacks? 
"I could almost taste the victory...but ultimately it was denied, as is usually the case." - Nate Grey

My Customs

Latest Customs: Black BoltIron Fist * S.H.

chuu

oh man, i think i've been letting people shift and use specials...lame..

BlueFire

Right after monumental came out there was a tournament at Origins gaming convention in Ohio. 

This is back when the game was actually supported and the first prize was $1,000 and a cool glass trophy like the one that was awarded at nationals.

I built a four freedoms plaza deck that was all defense plus a few add to venture cards to go with the invisible woman +2 inherent. 

After I passed all day long and won the tournament undefeated, they knew they had made a big mistake and made restrictions to prevent this from happening again.

The only other four freedoms deck in the tournament was who I played in the final.  His deck was just using the inherent as they had hoped, but clearly was still far 2 good. 

So yes, the shifting and blocking rules only apply to this homebase.

AO user

On a related note, if mr fixit throws a 6S PC @ inv. woman and is shifted to thing the 6 becomes a 7 due to inherit, correct?

chuu

i don't think so, once an attack is shifted from a team mate it's "supposed" to now be coming from the team mate.  So their inherent would kick in.

AO user

??  i was referring to fix its plus one IA.  it would be a 6 against sue but because o f thing"s 8 it gets a boost... or maybe not?

BigBadHarve

Quote from: AO user on May 01, 2014, 10:53:19 PM
??  i was referring to fix its plus one IA.  it would be a 6 against sue but because o f thing"s 8 it gets a boost... or maybe not?

Chuu's referring to the 'shift rule' which states that when an attack is shifted, it's now considered to be coming from the original target. So, if you shift an attack from Invisible Woman to Namor, it's now Invisible Woman attacking Namor.

It's a stupid rule. I have been looking for the text to confirm it, but I can't seem to locate it - but I do remember it pretty clearly.

AO user

Oh yeah, I remember that rule... that brought up that interesting discussion with lethal tester. ..So I should attack strength guy direct to get +1. Thanks guys!...but if the Plaza IA allows shift from namor to sue she can't defend since he is shifting a 7 correct?