Four Freedoms Plaza - Defense Bonus

Started by breadmaster, April 02, 2012, 04:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

breadmaster

so after a year of playing, i decided to finally build a fantastic four deck (well...four freedoms; i used latveria alot)

it's REALLY good!  i can't imagine playing it without the errata.

anyways, 2 questions

1) about the +1 to defense under 4: can i use multipower cards and still get the bonus?

2) the meta rules say i can use tactics: does this mean i shift to the person playing the doubleshot, or to the person playing the power card?

Jack

1) No, they must be the type of the stat that is <= 4.

2) The person playing the doubleshot is the person who defends. The contribution from the teammate gets a bonus if its applicable.

breadmaster

but i can shift to the character playing the ds?

Jack

If that person is not the target, then yes. You aren't allowed to double shift. Not sure why it would matter, I'm just not seeing a scenario.

Shifting doesn't change how the +1 bonus works, the two are separate abilities.

breadmaster

so if i have a 6e ds on invisible woman, i can shift an attack made on mr fantastic to her, and use the double shot with a contribution from either front line character to defend?

Jack

I believe that's how it works. The shifted-defence just has to include a power card not necessarily be the whole defence (which is why FV specials would be allowed).

BasiliskFang

Quote from: steve2275 on April 03, 2012, 07:03:10 AM
you decide on which 4 character youre gonna use bread?
gotta be sue, redd and thing with namor: sub in reserve.

AO user

I like thing in reserve. With his 2 opd.  Submariner has HO.  A non opd 10 venture card, CY- a personal chain card and an AQ.  What's not to like?

breadmaster

personally, if I use the team, I use the actual FF.  not really a strategy, but it just feels right

for the longest time I went with thing in reserve so you could have an 8 come up later in the game.  torch up front gives you a bunch of energy special attacks, of which the rest of the deck has none.  you can also be pretty dang sure torch won't ever be attacked.

but then I went with thing up front, and actually preferred it.  you get strength specials instead (still unique to the deck).  the two big opds of thing and torch are very similar.  what you gain is 2 more strength teamworks, and the ability to use the 8s power card whenever it comes up rather than place it.  if you want, you can even throw in the 7e tw to be placed on reserve for later.

BasiliskFang

hmm, but i dont like johnny up front bc i use dazzler's BY as my base opd.

steve2275

Quote from: AO user on May 10, 2014, 09:24:00 PM
I like thing in reserve. With his 2 opd.  Submariner has HO.  A non opd 10 venture card, CY- a personal chain card and an AQ.  What's not to like?
thats how id use those paticular 4