Image inducer with deck empty

Started by DarKBladE09, November 21, 2012, 05:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarKBladE09

"Discard 2 cards from top of draw pile to move any attack from teammate to character with Image Inducer" Can this not happen if the draw pile is empty, or do you reshuffle powerpack to get a draw pile? I would assume since Image Inducer does not say draw anywhere, that the draw pile remains empty and the attack cannot be shifted. Doesn't the powerpack get shuffled to draw only when the player has to draw a card from an empty draw pile?

Jack

Whenever the draw pile is exhausted, you shuffle the power pack and make it the draw pile, regardless if it's drawing cards to start a battle or discarding cards for Artifacts and everything else.

DarKBladE09

so the draw pile is never at 0 then? it is replenished exactly when it hits zero regardless of whether a player has to draw or not? I feel like maybe you missed the question because Image inducer doesn't require the player to draw anything.

Jack

I'm not sure where you are getting confused.
Quote from: Jack on November 21, 2012, 05:55:26 PM
Whenever the draw pile is exhausted, you shuffle the power pack and make it the draw pile, regardless if it's drawing cards to start a battle or discarding cards for Artifacts and everything else.

DarKBladE09

ok not sure where I was getting confused either. I guess it wasnt a direct answer to the question, so that's what messed me up. So does this mean that if I play an event that says "look through draw pile and put first card with an energy icon in hand, may be duplicate" and I have only 1 card in draw pile which is a AG special, I should then shuffle my power pack and look through it as well or is the event ignored? From the description you proposed, that would be a yes, however, myself and breadmaster were under the assumption no, which was what led me to the image inducer question.

Jack

There's barely anything written in the rulebooks saying that the power pack is actually reshuffled:
QuoteAll duplicate Power cards are discarded into the Power Pack, which will eventually be reshuffled and used again when the Draw Pile has been depleted.

That's the only line I could find in the entire rulebook.

I'd probably say that when the Draw Pile is at 0 cards, then the Power Pack is reshuffled and becomes a Draw Pile. So yes, there shouldn't be a time where the Draw Pile is empty, though normally we tend to keep it empty until we need a card from it (either to draw/discard).

Going back to the event; looking for a card with an Energy icon wouldn't bring the Draw Pile to 0 since the cards you looked at still belong to the Draw Pile.

DarKBladE09

okay, yea that makes sense that it is immediately reshuffled and put as draw pile instead of draw pile sitting idle at 0 cards. It was the way the program does it that had me thinking it was only when the player needed a card that the powerpack became the drawpile. Thanks Jack.

steve2275

if u discard enough power cards from the pack (and eventually become the new draw pile) to the dead pile
wont the draw pile =0?

DarKBladE09

Yes, never had a game last that long though. I have had the draw pile/power pack down to just a few cards tho.

Demacus

When you discard for Image Inducer, do the cards discarded go to their respective piles, or to the dead pile?

breadmaster

Demacus

gameplan.exe

I have, in fact, had a 0 in both the Draw Pile and Power Pack, when using my Highlander decks.

This was particularly significant for the Muir Island team, because they draw to replace with each Intellect Power card used for defense.

So, when I'm holding 8 Power cards (8e 7a 6i 5i 4i 3i 2i 1i) and I defend with any of the Int Power cards (while I have no Power Pack or Draw Pile), I essentially just show it to my opponent and return it to my hand  ;D
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

breadmaster

such an awesome idea

i kept tyring to replicate it, but couldn't get a satisfactory win rate :(

gameplan.exe

Quote from: breadmaster on March 11, 2013, 04:57:11 PM
such an awesome idea

i kept tyring to replicate it, but couldn't get a satisfactory win rate :(

Thanks. It's definitely a finess deck and hard to maintain a decent win ratio. It takes careful (very careful) play. It's tough to stay alive sometimes, and you really have to be sure you can go FTW once you hit the Power Pack (or else be sure that a single Int hit will KO), otherwise, the opponent can absorb your entire Power Pack (that nearly happened to me once)! Ultimately, I find it fun based on it's premise and also for the challenge.

(it's also noteworthy that my circle doesn't play hyper-competetive decks, but usually themed in some way. Although, I did manage alright in an OPO tournament).
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27