what would entice you or keep you from attending an Overpower tourny?

Started by mr brown, November 05, 2016, 12:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr brown

what would entice you or keep you from attending an Overpower tourny? prizes? travel? cost? format? what can we do to get more people involved? thx!

AO user

I find hotel expenses intimidating.  The BnB in toronto was mad cheap.  sharing rooms at K2 takes the sting out....AND I heard that Peace Bridge has done something about that!  and timing is sometimes tricky.  If another event crops up on same weekend like Orange King for championships and that's how I missed peace bridge last year...  I look forward to other responses!

joe_fixit

Cost and travel are the two main reasons I don't attend all the tournaments. We made it out to Columbus in 2015 but the twelve and a half hour drive would probably stop me from going again. I'm still committed to attending K2 and most likely Toronto (hopefully in a better venue) in 2017.

clericblackdave

I personally think the more events are like a convention with a nice vacation air, that helps.

That is what I think makes K2 the best of the major 4 right.  Consistently set time, location, venue with time well allotted to play a tournament plus scab games.  Easy access to food and entertainment.

Zer0evil

"Excelsior!" - that one old dude who shows up in all the Marvel movies.