Favorite Image Characters/Comics

Started by Palatinus, March 31, 2011, 02:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palatinus

I have not read much from Image comics.  I have friends who are really into Spawn, but I tried reading the Spawn comics from the beginning and I didn't particularly care for them.  I did like the Spawn movie though.  I have read the first couple of arcs in the Witchblade comic and I really liked that.  I have had more exposure to Image from the Overpower cards than from the actual comics but a lot of them look really interesting.  Definitely a bit different from Marvel or DC characters.  A bit grittier, but almost like that was their primary focus.

rucker73

My favorite Image comic and my favorite comic in general has to be "The Walking Dead", if there is anyone on these boards that reads comics and isn't reading this  you need to go out and get the TPB's and spend a weekend getting acquainted with Rick and the crew.

It's also a TV show now on AMC, they aired the first season this past fall and season 2 starts in October. (Although the comic is vastly superior to the show)

From old school image, I was always a fan of The Darkness and Shadowhawk.
"Wade! into action!"

Palatinus

My two friends read The Walking Dead and rave about it.  They got us to watch the show which I enjoyed but found to be a bit too slowly paced.  I am looking forward to the next season though.  From what I understand they are getting all new writers so that might fix the show quite a bit.  I think I will start reading the comics given your advocacy.

Ranerdar

I forgot Walking Dead was an Image comic. I also highly recommend the comics. The show's ok, but I kinda lost interest about episode 4. I still have the last 2 episodes waiting for me to get around to watching them.
I'm polymerized tree sap and you're an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off of me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.

Palatinus

Yeah, the show took a long time to go anywhere, so I understand what you mean.  There was definitely pay-off to the waiting, but I am really hoping for a much better all-around season for season two.

Palatinus

I'm going to be headed to Barnes and Noble today so I will pick up The Walking Dead and see what I think.