Card sleeves

Started by BasiliskFang, August 05, 2013, 05:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BasiliskFang

Just wondering what sleeves you guys use? I tend to use colored backs because I mix companies, especially using any heroes.

Right now I have 4 decks built.
3 (white, black, purple) ultra pro with the kinda grit back. The white is kinda see thru. 2x50 packs.
1 (red) glossy but kinda see thru. Don't remember the company, I bought 2x60 packs.

Sometimes I find the need to sleeve a deck upside down because other local players use that color too. Right now, I'm thinking of sleeving the card first upside down then putting that in a penny sleeve.

DiceK

For the Buffalo Tournament, having not played in one in over 10 years, I purchased Dragon Shield (Multiple Colors) for my cousin and I.  They seem to work very well. 

I recall using the old Ultra Pro (Black w/ a small circular hologram) back in the day, but didn't see those when I went into the local comic book store searching for sleeves for Buffalo.

gameplan.exe

I also use Dragon Shields. I have Gold, Red, Green, and Blue (for the 4 icons, so I can easily remember the "suit" of a deck in my box). they all cover pretty well. I bought the Pink D.Shields for my mom's deck, but they didn't cover the backs very well. Some, but not as well as the other colors I have.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

BasiliskFang

Ncan, the pick ds are see thru on the back?

Dice, the ultra pros are around but they moved the hologram to the left more so in magic you can see the monster power.

I had a few splits with new UPros. Also the back of the black ones are getting marks like a fingernail scoop, it's ugly.

I might pick up a pack of magic official, my gf has them on a magic deck and the corners seem more solid that my UPros. Half of the sleeveshave bent corners on all of my decks.

Anyone found a sleeve that legion's cards for into?

gameplan.exe

the pink sleeves aren't clear, but they're opaque. If a person has a good pair of eyes, they can distinguish, say, a DC back from a Marvel back, through the pink sleeve. Think of it more like... sheer... i guess. I mean, it definitely obscures it, but if you look closely, you can sometimes pick it out. But, like I said, the other colors hide the backs perfectly.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

BasiliskFang

red and white are pretty much like that.

look closely and you can tell. :)

BasiliskFang

I just picked up some sleeves.
I shuffle by cutting the deck in my hand then slicing the half into the other half at an angle.

2010 MTG phyrexian - $8/80

Shuffle is hard, OP legion's cards barely fit. Totally opaque.

FFG Leia $5/50

Shuffle great, OP legion's cards fit great.
http://myworld.ebay.com/miniaturemarket?_trksid=p2047675.l2559 <<< Cheaper and discounted shipping on multiples.

Legion Icon 121 White Sun $4.50/50

Shuffle ok, OP legion's cards fit ok.