Non Overpower Topic - Snow Tires

Started by DiceK, December 10, 2013, 12:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiceK

To my Canadian Cousins who deal with the fierce Winter Weather much more than us in Maryland...I seek your council.

I first apologize that this is unrelated to Overpower; however, the audience that will view this topic likely has very valuable feedback.

I have done extensive research online as to which winter tires are the best ones that I could put on a small sedan.  I have a 2010 Honda Civic, and am interested in getting snow tires next year. 

Would anyone have recommendations based on their own experiences?  I have check tirerack and a number of other sites to get user feedback.  I'm simply interested in hearing from some road warriors that I know have to deal with some ugly winter weather every year. 

Regards,

Dice K.

Jake

I've had success up here in Northern Vermont with studded cooper weather master tires. Use them every year. If you're not looking to go studded I've got some family that swear by nokian hakkapelita r2's. You should be able to get multiple winters out of either. Fair warning snow tires tend to be loud, obviously studded ones especially so.

Edit: You mentioned you drive a Honda Civic, my wife's car is a Ford Focus and we have no problem finding the weather masters in our size. Figured that might be relevant information.