DOW and play of activators against it.

Started by mr brown, May 30, 2014, 11:25:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr brown

DOW and play of activators against it. at Peacebridge i used a battlesite and ran into DOW. as many have voiced, DOW is a game winner if you get it out, i am ok with how DOW is played i have a issue with only being able to play on activator at a time. there is a multitude of chain attack cards and teamworks, i do not see why if i have multiple activators in my hand i cant play them all at once. i know the rules on activators is one at a time per turn but an activator vs DOW is not played as an activator. there is no fish through battle site for a card or lose of a card it is played like any other special or power card. it is unfair that i play one activator while my opponent gets to play multi attack cards and teamworks. i think it would level out the play of anycharacter vs battlesite, but still give DOW it's bite. THX!

BasiliskFang

Is there ever a time when you can play multiple any hero cards?

do you just want to drop 4 at once?

maybe you should be allowed to DOW with anything. I think that would be ok.....maybe.

AO user

mr brown

Quote from: BasiliskFang on May 30, 2014, 05:55:20 PM
Is there ever a time when you can play multiple any hero cards?

do you just want to drop 4 at once?

maybe you should be allowed to DOW with anything. I think that would be ok.....maybe.
i do not get the last part, i think if i had 4 activators in hand i should be able to use them as a chain attack. you can death from above and fallow with a DH from Hawkeye that's play 4 cards. i could see in the near future 99% of players at tournaments playing any characters and alienating battlesites. from what i have heard DOW was made to bring any heroes back into play. i think we are trending back the other way. DOW would still be a unnegatible leech against activators. in my book if i trade 1 card for 4 of yours that's a good trade off.

BasiliskFang

the last line meant: it might be nice to attack dow with any attack, not just an activator. maybe.

the instant exchange of an activator is not a chainable at all. Although the newly appropriated card might be.

Think about it like this: Universe (Teamwork & Ally), Activator exchange, Any Hero, Tactic cards if played during a turn must begin the turn. This is why "Ally=>Any Hero" is illegal.