Video Games

Started by Palatinus, April 08, 2011, 09:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palatinus

I was curious if the whole playing an old, out-of-print game was limited to Overpower for everyone or if it extended to video games too like it does for me.  I find myself playing mostly games from the SNES era on my Wii.  I don't own any other next-gen console.  Although an X-Box is severely tempting for Arkham Asylum and Arkham City.  Otherwise I stick to 16-bit or 8-bit classics and then some of the actual Wii games.

Nostalgic

The system plugged up to my tv right now is Nintendo.  Tetris is the game in the box.  :D
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."

Palatinus

Quote from: Nostalgic on April 08, 2011, 09:45:56 PM
The system plugged up to my tv right now is Nintendo.  Tetris is the game in the box.  :D

A-mazing.  My brother has our old nes and snes.  Last time we played we had four people playing M.U.L.E.

Jack

I still connect my Genesis from time to time, though I mostly just emulate it on my DS. I play Tetris on my DS, though I prefer to play it only if its fast.

Here's my Genesis:

Palatinus

Quote from: Jack on April 08, 2011, 09:52:59 PM
I still connect my Genesis from time to time, though I mostly just emulate it on my DS. I play Tetris on my DS, though I prefer to play it only if its fast.

I haven't had a Genesis in a long time.  I emulate it on my DS or on my Wii.  I love hacking the Wii.  I have an emulator for like every old system I never owned.

Jack

That PS2 in the background is hacked too, there's actually 2 PS2s in the family as I have one with me.

Palatinus

I hacked my PS2 so I could play games off a hard drive, but I haven't used it in so long it sits in storage now.  We used it mostly for Karaoke, but I like the Karaoke on the Wii better anyway.

Nostalgic

@ Jack

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot?
ROTFLMAO!!! :D

Awesome.

During college a bunch of guys in my dorm brought their nintendos with them freshman year.  Everyone borrowed everyone's old games and it became a bit of a "retro cool" thing. I remeber playing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (which I hadn't played in like a decade  :D) and thinking now that I'm all grown up I'm going to beat this game no problem. Once I got to the final technodrom with all 4 turtles it got crazy hard and I still lost. I just gave up on it after that. LOL!
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

Jack

The Pro Action Replay was the hardest thing to get from that bunch.

Does Dreamcast count as a retro system? We have 2 of those too. :P

Nostalgic

Jack you have the Washington Monument of retro systems. LoL!

drdeath25

Dreamcast is the best video gaming system ever created, by far. Other than a PC, its the only gaming system I currently own (although i know my NES, SneS and Genesis are laying around somewhere in the garage of my parents house), and the only gaming system I will ever need. So Innovative.

And yes Jack, when i think of the 56K modem in it, I definitely think RETRO.  ;)

metaphist

Quote from: drdeath25 on April 09, 2011, 01:38:45 PMDreamcast is the best video gaming system ever created, by far.

Seconded. So many good games, most I ever bought for a system. Don't have all my games still, but still got the system, and I break it out now and again ;)

drdeath25

No need to buy dreamcast games, just download a boot disc.

Anyone want to rate their top 5 favorite dreamcast games? I'll go first...

1. Skies of Arcadia
2. Shenmue
3. Jet Set Radio
4.  Marvel vs. Capcom 2
5. Soul Calibur

Honorable Mentions: Powerstone, Virtua Tennis, NFL2k1, Phantasy Star Online, Seaman, Space Channel 5.

Anyone else want to list a top 5? It's so hard to narrow it down to only five. What am I forgetting?

Post Merge: July 14, 2011, 09:59:43 AM

Also, The VCD Player ability the dreamcast has, was awesome back before DVD burners became as inexpensive as they are today.

Jack

Marvel vs Capcom 2, Virtual Tennis, Powerstone, Crazy Taxi, Street Fighter III - Third Strike would be my pick for top 5.

Onslaught

Quote from: drdeath25 on April 09, 2011, 03:16:29 PM
Anyone want to rate their top 5 favorite dreamcast games? I'll go first...

4.  Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Speaking of MvC2, has anyone been playing MvC3? It's not as good as 2, but then again few games are. It made me think about what kind of promotional stuff they would be able to do if Overpower still existed, like some promo cards as a bonus for pre-ordering the video game. It would be a cool tie-in since you could use the official art from MvC3, name the special cards after things they say during a match, etc...