Two questions regarding Discarding

Started by Kyoujin, May 16, 2015, 01:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyoujin

1.  No cards with the word "avoid" may be played this battle.

If I can place a card with the word avoid, am I legally able to, or must all cards in my hand with the word "avoid" be discarded immediately?

2. Very rare situation, but it happend to me today.  If I have teamwork cards in my hand that I can't play (because I don't have power cards), they must be discarded, as they are deemed unusable.  However, If I have some that can be placed, but TOO MANY too place all legally, must they all be discarded, or just some?  My guess, based upon the discarding phase, is that they must ALL be discarded.

Thanks.

steve2275

place it or discard it (as it would be unusable)
unless a card says other wise

the t w i could be wrong on tho
if i have two t w in hand if i have just 2 power cards i keep the t w in hand as i can make one follow up for each t w
course that leaves me open to getting beat up
thats also why i only run 5 or 6 t w's in a deck
also why i place cards on specific characters (even the reserve because eventually they will come forward)
xample
i give dr.strange the 6 I t w( the reservist) professor x the 7 i or 8 e (which ever comes first) or if magneto is on the team the 8 E and xavier the 7 I

also what MHC said

MHC

1/  You must either place each avoid card or discard it. 

2/  During the discard phase, you must decide with teamwork cards you will place that battle.  For each teamwork card you are not going to place or cannot place, you must discard that card.  You do not have to discard all teamworks, just the ones you are not going to place. 

Kyoujin

chuu

I have a similar question, If i have one of these placed or in hand and I draw a KO'd teammate's attack special, does that mean I can keep it in hand?

breadmaster

my guess would be yes

EEs can remove hits on ko'd teammates.  that shows a ko'd character is still a teammate

steve2275

sounds no different than the event
FIGHTING SPIRIT LIVES!
All Special cards in your hand may be played by any Hero, for remainder of battle.
one of the reasons it my favorite mission