Placing Duplicates

Started by Nostalgic, August 29, 2013, 01:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nostalgic

Had an interesting thing happen in a game I played today. In the first hand my opponent and I both had an event come up. I had 'Best Laid Plans' and he had 'Helping Hands'. My event was first so we could sort through the draw pile and put any 4 cards on top for the next had. His event allowed us to draw 2 cards after the discard phase and keep duplicates.

Could I have put two 8s on top of my draw pile since my event was first so that when his event was resolved I could keep them as dups then place them to 2 of my frontline heroes?  I guess a related question is if I have 2 of the same power cards placed, 1 on the reserve and 1 a front line hero, what happens when the reserve moves up and the cards haven't been played yet?

Thanks. 
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."

BasiliskFang

Pretty sure this is all legal, until the point you draw another 8.
You must discard the drawn 8 when it happens in a future battle.
You will never discard a placed card unless you play it or are told to discard it.

BigBadHarve

Yeah, that's legal. But technically, you're supposed to reveal your events in order... so you're not really supposed to know what the 2nd player's event is until after you resolve your own.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: BigBadHarve on August 29, 2013, 09:15:25 AM
Yeah, that's legal. But technically, you're supposed to reveal your events in order... so you're not really supposed to know what the 2nd player's event is until after you resolve your own.

but your Opponent could have done something similarly tricky, since he held the second Event and knew what was coming  ;D
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Nostalgic

Quote from: BigBadHarve on August 29, 2013, 09:15:25 AM

Wow! I didn't know the opponent waited to reveal their event until the first was resolved. Learn something new every day.  :)

Thanks again guys.
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."

chuu

If i have a level 8 energy character in reserve and place an 8e to them in the first round and then in the second round i get an 8s for my strength character is it a duplicate?

AO user

no, not dupe/dont discard.... unless the reserves inherent makes it playable then theres trouble.  from monumental rule book  "Other Discarding Considerations—If any cards remain Placed (See Placing Cards) on any Front Line Characters from a previous battle, they must be considered part of your Hand for purposes of discarding. In other words, if one of your Front Line Characters has a Power card with a Value of 6 already Placed on him when you draw your Hand, any Value 6 Power card you draw must be discarded. The same is true for any Placed Special cards or Universe cards. The exception to this rule is the cards Placed to the Reserve Character. Cards Placed to the Reserve Character are not considered part of your Hand for purposes of discarding unless the Reserve Character has the ability to play those Placed cards during the battle (e.g., their Inherent Ability or the Special card allows them to play it from Reserve). Therefore, if the Reserve Character has the ability to play the card Placed to them during a battle, duplicates that are drawn in subsequent hands must still be discarded."