Card Placing Mechanics

Started by Tussin, October 19, 2014, 05:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tussin

ok so the rule of thumb is each character can place 1 card of each unless otherwise utilized by an innate or special. so the base guidelines is the following?

QuoteEach Character may have a maximum of one Power card, one Universe Card, one Tactic card, and one Special card Placed on him at any given time.

so with BR can i have one of each placed additionally? or only 1 extra of the above types making it a maximum of 5 placed unless i play another BR?

can Activators be placed? and if so they are considered for the special card slot?

can the characters with innates have duplicates placed if an event or special allowed you to have duplicates in hand?

breadmaster

1) 1 more card, so 5 max

2) nope, they cannot be placed

3) I'm going to guess yes, but not 100% sure

AO user

so if BR comes from a battle site, i think that would boost the number to 6 for these SPECIFIC heroes w/ their IAs.  now events affect one battle, so would you have to toss one of the pair of 7 F PCs on star jammers next battle if unused?  I think no cuz they were placed legally and onslaught pointed out if I loaded hawkeye up with quiver of arrows and THEN it was negated the cards can stay/be used.  Another event from shattered image " any hero can play any power card that battle."  I asked if I could place an 8 to Scarlet witch.  the ruling was you could but if you didnt use it that battle it would become unusable AND undiscardable in subsequent battles because of her grid.

Jack

It says on Starjammers they cannot be duplicates, you cannot place duplicates. I don't think the 3rd one would bypass it.