OP Get together in Toronto

Started by BigBadHarve, December 15, 2010, 01:34:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBadHarve

Hello all,

Jack and I are arranging an OP day in Toronto. What started as a personal get together of just me, him and two or three others has blossomed. We potentially have a dozen to 15 players thus far.

We're looking at December 28th in downtown Toronto. PM me if you're interested in joining in.

This is just a fun gathering, not a tournament of any kind.

-BBH

CoS

if it was say White Horse... I might make it. Toronto is on the other side of the continent, sadly.  :(

BigBadHarve

Quote from: CoS on December 15, 2010, 11:16:42 AM
if it was say White Horse... I might make it. Toronto is on the other side of the continent, sadly.  :(

But... but... but - this is OVERPOWER! What's a few thousand kilometers for OVERPOWER?!? Priorities, man!  :P

Did you ever get OP online going?

-BBH

CoS

i can try it out. add me on MSN championofsolaris at hotmail.com. I have the OPOnline as well as Hamatchi. We will see how my internet connection holds up. spotty at best and I am on a borrowed laptop.

BigBadHarve

I added you to my MSN. I also use Hamachi, do you have a specific room ID, and password? (PM me with the info.)

-BBH

zippa_head

Hey Everyone, I'm new here, my name is Dan...
My brother and I play overpower, and we have since back in the day.  Have played some games with bigbadharve before ;).
I hope everyone is enjoying their holidays fast approaching.
Excited for this get together :D.  If anyone would like to add to msn or send an email.
Feel free, zippa_head@hotmail.com

Take care

By the way, that's two more for the get together, I have informed Jack already.

Post Merge: July 14, 2011, 11:01:01 AM

I was just curious about one other thing as well Sean.  If you might be able to list some of these house rules or ideas that you are planning on playing with.

It will be nice to see who is all still playing this great game :D.

Take care folks.

BigBadHarve

Quote from: zippa_head on December 20, 2010, 12:16:57 PM
I was just curious about one other thing as well Sean.  If you might be able to list some of these house rules or ideas that you are planning on playing with.

It will be nice to see who is all still playing this great game :D.

Take care folks.

Shh! People will discover my secret identity!  :P

I actually sent the house rules to Jack's OP mailing list, did you subscribe to it?

In order to actually go ahead and play by the House Rules, though, we need a majority consensus. If not everyone agrees, then we have to stick with Official rules.

I hope people are open to playing them, though, I'd like outside feedback on their effectiveness.

-BBH

zippa_head

Just wanted to let you know that the house rules were not attached in the email.  If you want to send me an email including them that would be great.

Thanks,
Dan

Jack

zippa_head

Just to make things easier, we are good for any day you choose to host the OP day/night...Just let us know which date you're sticking with.

Thanks,
Dan

And I seen the homemade rules, they seem pretty good...I am assuming the "Power Leech Target Rule" just means that he has to place the card on a specific character so it can be negated or avoided?!

BigBadHarve

So... the day has come and gone, and I would dare say that it was a reasonable success!

In the end we had 9 players, and most people got to play everyone else. Pictures were taken and are forthcoming!

For those of you who couldn't make it, but are near Toronto, we are planning another one in the coming weeks. (Likely February).  More details will be posted as we hammer together a plan. It will likely be another open day of just playing, but there were talks about creating an actual tournament situation for the Spring, assuming that the interest remains. Nine showed up, but at least a dozen more have indicated that they will attend future meetings. I'll post information as it develops.

Cheers!

-BBH

Jack

And here are the pictures from the event!

Jack

BigBadHarve

zippa_head

HotRod

Onslaught

Great photos, I love seeing stuff like this! I am so jealous of your ability to get so many OP players in the same place at the same time. I look forward to seeing more photos of your meetups in the future, and any reports about games would be really interesting.

Hot Rod

Quote from: Onslaught on January 19, 2011, 05:53:44 PM
Great photos, I love seeing stuff like this! I am so jealous of your ability to get so many OP players in the same place at the same time. I look forward to seeing more photos of your meetups in the future, and any reports about games would be really interesting.

We are very fortunate indeed.

I didn't even think about taking down notes of the games to do a tournament report with.   :(
But I'll definitely try to at the next event!

Hopefully if we get 20+ people every 2ish months or whatever, we can make it worth the time/effort/money for out-of-towners to attend.

Nostalgic

Great pics! Next time you guys have to do some video a place it on youtube.  It would be cool to see some card play on video.  ;D
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."