Gauging interest: JLA pack draft @ in So Cal

Started by BasiliskFang, March 23, 2014, 07:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BasiliskFang

I just came across a sealed box of JLA cheap so I thought why not do a draft tournament. I can get a sealed box of Normal DC cheap too, a box of Monumental possibly. Depending on the interest there could be prizes. Due to my school schedule it will probably be held after May 15, 2014.

Locations can be at GMI in Riverside or somewhere in Orange County.

Tentative rules:

1 of each power card 1-5. 2 of each power card 6-8. No any powers. 1 of each multi is allowed (proxy for the 5m is allowed). Opaque sleeves will most likely be required.

After opening a pack, choose one card. Then pass the pack along, receiving a different pack from another player until all packs were empty. We had to build our teams from the chosen cards.

All specials were treated as Any Hero.

Three characters with no reserve.

They were battle matches, so no conceding and no venture.

There were three tables, each table played a round robin.

Nate Grey

Would be interested here. Never played with DC characters but any chance to play some Overpower with others sounds good to me.  :)

BasiliskFang

Cool. If you know any other players or have a preference on location or time I can start getting ideas together.

skeevo666

As far as the rules go:

If all Specials are treated as Any Hero, then you wouldn't be able to place them?

chuu

look like at K2 they were still able to place.

BasiliskFang

Quote from: chuu on March 25, 2014, 10:15:08 PM
look like at K2 they were still able to place.
i'll be asking for more information on how K2 was played and try to emulate it as much as possible.