Toronto Meet up #2

Started by BigBadHarve, January 09, 2011, 10:19:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBadHarve

Hello all!

So we've locked our date for the second Toronto meet up. We'll be doing it on Saturday, February 26th. That gives any interested out of towners time to plan. It will go from noon until we're all pretty much sick of each other. ;) 

PM me for details.

As before we'll be hosting a free-play, so just come, bring a deck or two and play. No stakes, no tournament (yet!). If interest is high enough, we are thinking of creating an actual tournament situation in the spring. But one step at a time.

Also, like before, players will have the option of using our House Rules. PM me if you'd like me to send the file. For purposes of a fun time, it's not a requirement. Last time we had a mix of players using official rules and house rules. Just so long as each pair of players agrees before hand. (Also, the house rules aren't drastically different, it's still the same game, just cleaned up and less ambiguous.)

Hoping to see some new faces!

Cheers!

-BBH

a_noble_kaz

I'm totally jealous of you guys! I would love to go but it'd be a 5,000+ mile roundtrip (8,000+ km).
*sigh*
At least post pictures!
Sometime this week me and my buddies should be posting the videos we shot of us playing OP last Saturday.

Jack

Posted! I was so busy that I forgot to post them on the forums.

Hot Rod

This next meet should be even better than the last one if we get all the people that have shown an interest.

The first event was awesome for what it was:

9 players,
10pm closing time,
food poisoning,
and getting luck sacked by that guy with the max 6 deck (you know who you are!)

BigBadHarve

Quote from: HotRod on January 14, 2011, 05:45:03 PM
This next meet should be even better than the last one if we get all the people that have shown an interest.

I am hoping to bring in 2 or 3 brand new players. I'm training some new recruits! :D

Quote from: HotRod on January 14, 2011, 05:45:03 PM
The first event was awesome for what it was:

9 players,
10pm closing time,
food poisoning,
and getting luck sacked by that guy with the max 6 deck (you know who you are!)

I don't remember playing anyone who had a max 6 deck... hmmm?  :P

-BBH

Hot Rod

Quote from: BigBadHarve on January 15, 2011, 01:08:11 AM
I am hoping to bring in 2 or 3 brand new players. I'm training some new recruits! :D

I may be able too as well.

I have a friend who says he'll play if I build him a deck.  Plus my brother might play again if we're not too white and nerdy for him.

Quote from: BigBadHarve on January 15, 2011, 01:08:11 AM
I don't remember playing anyone who had a max 6 deck... hmmm?  :P

-BBH

Funny that!  I have no idea why...

:P

rucker73

man I wish I could make this one...  but getting married in Feb and then off on the honeymoon.  Gonna have to wait till meetup #3 to get some games in.

Wish I could get my OPOnline to work again...
"Wade! into action!"

BigBadHarve

Quote from: rucker73 on January 19, 2011, 09:54:55 PM
man I wish I could make this one...  but getting married in Feb and then off on the honeymoon.  Gonna have to wait till meetup #3 to get some games in.

Wish I could get my OPOnline to work again...

Once again, I'll keep you informed. If this meetup goes well we'll do a tournament type situation in April. Of course, there will also be a free play area for people who don't want to do an actual tournament (I figure there'll be a couple).

Congratulations on the nuptials. I miss our online battles... :(  I haven't see BIOS around either.

-BBH

Jack

Unless it's after April 21st, don't count on me coming to #3 :P

BigBadHarve

Quote from: Jack on January 20, 2011, 09:57:41 PM
Unless it's after April 21st, don't count on me coming to #3 :P

Then we'll make it for after the 21st. Easy peasy.  ;)

-BBH

Nate Grey

For those that can't make it, is it possible you guys can spare the time to describe how it went, especially what were the teams and cards people used. Some of the pictures of the first meet up were interesting because I got a peek of what cards you all were using.

BigBadHarve

Quote from: Nate Grey on January 27, 2011, 02:03:01 AM
For those that can't make it, is it possible you guys can spare the time to describe how it went, especially what were the teams and cards people used. Some of the pictures of the first meet up were interesting because I got a peak of what cards you all were using.

I think more photos will definitely happen. As well, we may keep track of what decks are used and what beats what.

-BBH

gameplan.exe

Quoteand getting luck sacked by that guy with the max 6 deck (you know who you are!)
I love max-6 teams!

Quoteman I wish I could make this one...  but getting married in Feb and then off on the honeymoon.  Gonna have to wait till meetup #3 to get some games in.
Congratulations!
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

breadmaster

man, i'd love to come to one of these, but i'm such a crappy player

only had scrubs to play with when op was big...so i unfortunately became one too :(

BigBadHarve

Quote from: breadmaster on January 28, 2011, 11:24:29 PM
man, i'd love to come to one of these, but i'm such a crappy player

only had scrubs to play with when op was big...so i unfortunately became one too :(

Where are you located?

If you're able to come to Toronto, don't worry about skill level, just come and have fun. The February 26th get-together is just an open free play. Meet people, have a few laughs and see different playing styles.

-BBH