Toronto Meet up #2

Started by BigBadHarve, January 09, 2011, 10:19:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hot Rod

Man, I would love to spectate this match!  That new program Jack's building can't come soon enough!

The 2nd holo hero to anyone that goes undefeated might actually force me to make a real deck for this thing.   :P

drdeath25

Quote from: BigBadHarve on March 05, 2011, 10:18:27 AM
Quote from: drdeath25 on March 05, 2011, 01:34:12 AM
For Real? Coming from the same dude i beat up on overpoweronlne when you were using the marvels and I wasn't? How about we save me the trouble of a drive and do a best 2 out of 3 for a batman avenger on OPOnline? Ill even let you use the Marvels' again. I just hope you really have the B:A to put up. I definetly do, and its my only copy, thats how confident I am in MY abilities. You will reply to me if YOU are confident in YOUR abilities, sir.  ;)

- DRDEATH25

Online, no. I want to look into your eyes as I beat your best team into a whimpering pile of jelly.   ;D   After you go undefeated in the tournament, of course, because you're THAT good. In fact, I may offer a 2nd holo hero to you or anyone else who DOES go undefeated.

But if you come to Toronto, we can have our grudge match above and beyond the tournament.

See you in April!  :-*

-BBH

This is actually good. I will let you stare into my eyes, see my calm smirk as I pretend to bet 1. Bet at least 3 on the first turn of the first game, regardless of my hand selection, cause i just DO crazy stuff like that. Undefeated? Maybe Not. Depends on who shows up. But Undefeated against YOU for the weekend? I'll certaintly wager to that Mr. "Play Beyonder as written!", "I can play my Serpent Crown Defensively!", "I have my own meta's!", "beyonder, galactus, onslaught, cable should be sum deck legal!", "I'm probably running a doubleshot or basic universe cause I can redraw after using one!".

All I ask is to play by the REAL rules...  See you in April, I hope you make it to MY event in July in San Diego :-*

breadmaster

just got real up in here

undefeated heads up for an entire weekend?  man that's some confidence (hubris?) right there.  even playing a lean best of 7, you'd have to take him 4 times...what about bad luck draws?

BigBadHarve

Quote from: drdeath25 on March 05, 2011, 04:39:51 PM
This is actually good. I will let you stare into my eyes, see my calm smirk as I pretend to bet 1. Bet at least 3 on the first turn of the first game, regardless of my hand selection, cause i just DO crazy stuff like that. Undefeated? Maybe Not. Depends on who shows up. But Undefeated against YOU for the weekend? I'll certaintly wager to that Mr. "Play Beyonder as written!", "I can play my Serpent Crown Defensively!", "I have my own meta's!", "beyonder, galactus, onslaught, cable should be sum deck legal!", "I'm probably running a doubleshot or basic universe cause I can redraw after using one!".

All I ask is to play by the REAL rules...  See you in April, I hope you make it to MY event in July in San Diego :-*

That's quite a boast. Very well, we'll put it to the test if you come up for April. And if you don't go undefeated? I mean, with your obvious ability to boast about your skill you should offer up some more incentive for me to improve my clearly sub-par OverPower skills. As anyone here can tell you, my deckbuilding and playing skills are sorely lacking. Surely then, you're willing to bet that Holo hero to my holo hero that you'll never lose a single game to me?

Bluster and machismo aside - the Tournament itself will be using my rule reforms, which will be posted well in advance so people can absorb them and get used to them If anyone has questions or thoughts about them, feel free to PM me about it. I'll be posting all the details, rule reforms and prizing information shortly. I have to confirm the space we'll be playing at before I lock into anything. But it's looking good so far.

Resuming bluster now - So yeah! Are you man enough to put your money where your mouth is? Since I'm clearly not that good, surely there's no risk for you. I'll be waiting.

-BBH

Onslaught

Drive 3000 miles and play by my TBA made-up rules, or you're a total wuss.

BigBadHarve

Quote from: Onslaught on March 08, 2011, 05:53:31 AM
Drive 3000 miles and play by my TBA made-up rules, or you're a total wuss.

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear - the tournament will be using my rule reforms. He'll have plenty of time to review and test them. I don't care if he does, or doesn't want to enter into it.

If he wants our little grudge match then it will be official rules as he requested. He says that he'll have no problem beating me completely and utterly. I simply asked if he wanted to put that to the test.

On that note, I haven't been taking the bravado all that seriously, it was an amusing back and forth, and I would hope that mine hasn't been taken seriously either. I wouldn't expect him to come all this way for something this silly. But, given the hostility festering in other threads, I have no more interest in continuing this banter lest it get far too out of hand.

This site is about discussing the game, and having some fun. It's a game, nothing more. If a friendly rivalry develops, all the better! The operative word is 'friendly.' If Dr. Death and I ever meet in person (I'd love to come down to California to play with you West Coast guys, but it's not in the cards in the near future, pardon the pun) then we can discuss our wager (I'm up for it if you still are.)  If he has the luxury of coming up here for my event, and is planning to do so, then great! We'll welcome him with open arms, play some cards, have some fun and make our grudge-match entertaining for the audience. Then we'll have drinks afterwards to laugh our asses off about it.

If it's any other way, then why even bother?

-BBH

rucker73

Love it BBH.  I very much look forward to venturing some missions with you again.
"Wade! into action!"

Nostalgic

Quote from: BigBadHarve on March 08, 2011, 09:50:51 AM
On that note, I haven't been taking the bravado all that seriously, it was an amusing back and forth, and I would hope that mine hasn't been taken seriously either. I wouldn't expect him to come all this way for something this silly. But, given the hostility festering in other threads, I have no more interest in continuing this banter lest it get far too out of hand.

This site is about discussing the game, and having some fun. It's a game, nothing more. If a friendly rivalry develops, all the better! The operative word is 'friendly.' If Dr. Death and I ever meet in person (I'd love to come down to California to play with you West Coast guys, but it's not in the cards in the near future, pardon the pun) then we can discuss our wager (I'm up for it if you still are.)  If he has the luxury of coming up here for my event, and is planning to do so, then great! We'll welcome him with open arms, play some cards, have some fun and make our grudge-match entertaining for the audience. Then we'll have drinks afterwards to laugh our asses off about it.

If it's any other way, then why even bother?

-BBH

QTF!

Well said BBH! I like to talk a little trash every now and then, but one should always take mind of the tone and how it may come across.  Anytime you have a group of males testosterone can slips in and guys start chest beating.   :P  Ultimately this is a GAME guys and even if you think you are God's gift to this little card GAME called overpower, it doesn't add inches to your... "johnson" and the point is for both people playing to have fun.  Most people outside our little world/community would probably think the 'supreme strategist' guy spends waaaaay too much time thinking about this little fantasy GAME anyway.  Its not like being great at overpower solves world hunger or makes you rich.  I'm just trying put put things in perspective and remind us to always have fun, be civil, and enjoy the community that play this GAME. Otherwise what the point of playing a GAME dead for a decade?  :-\
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."