OP Cup 2014

Started by Jack, June 06, 2014, 06:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poneill378

Hey all,

I'm just getting back into OP after a 10+ year absence and I was going to try to make it to this event. I'm starting to build my deck and I had a few questions:

Are there any characters that are banned from tournament play or that are really played out?

Is it ok to use the same deck for both days as long as it has a homebase? (I don't have a sizeable collection yet, so building 2 playable decks might be too expensive)

Anything else that I should know as someone who hasn't played in a decade?

Thanks!

BigBadHarve

Nothing has been banned. Plenty of characters are overused, as you may find on Saturday, but nothing banned.

I'm pretty sure that you'd be able to use the same deck both days. The 2nd day is a standard construction format, so as long as your deck is tournament legal, you're good to go.

steve2275

Quote from: poneill378 on July 13, 2014, 10:45:46 AM
Hey all
Is it ok to use the same deck for both days as long as it has a homebase? (I don't have a sizeable collection yet, so building 2 playable decks might be too expensive)
Thanks!
maybe you can buy some cards from the orange king

OP GOD

No prizes for this tournament in two weeks.  ??? How do you expect to get people excited.  ???

Help us out here Doug,Phil.

M.

OP GOD
OP GOD

~ To play me, is an HONOUR.

poneill378

Quote from: steve2275 on July 14, 2014, 02:51:49 AM
Quote from: poneill378 on July 13, 2014, 10:45:46 AM
Hey all
Thanks!
maybe you can buy some cards from the orange king

I definitely intend to.
Does anyone know if Marvels proxies will be available also?

Jack

Marvel Proxies are available through the Orange King as well.

Prizes:

Quote from: Phil MillerCash prizes for 1st and 2nd place. 75% for 1st place and 25% for 2nd. We are working on the remaining prize support at the moment. I know 7th and 8th will be receiving Adam Warlock figures from PowerSurge set with the Adam Warlock OP card.

Meanstreek

So..I booked a room at the Knights Inn, for the OP Cup. However I have not played an actual game in years. In fact, I have never even played a game using locations. I know I will most likely have my butt handed to me, but I want so much to be a part of this, I dont care. I could use some help building decks though. Could someone run down the basics for me, as simply as possible, so that I can build a deck for each day that is tounament legal. I will be arriving thusday in Columbus. If anyone else is around perhaps we could even play some Overpower.
Thank you

theorangeking

Proxies -

I do make high quality printouts of the Marvels. I have permission from Mike and Jack to print them. I charge .50 each to cover the paper and ink costs.

I will have them available for the OP Cup!

If you want them earlier, just contact me.

Thanks,
Larry

Kyoujin

Have fun and good luck everyone!  Wish I could make it...

Jack

We're driving through London.. I'm not driving though so I'm not sure if we can give you a lift.

Kyoujin

Quote from: Jack on July 24, 2014, 04:05:01 PM
We're driving through London.. I'm not driving though so I'm not sure if we can give you a lift.

I really, really appreciate even the suggestion that you'd be willing to do that, but I won't be in London that weekend :(  I have family obligations in Sauble.

I hope you'd be willing to make the same consideration for future tournaments though!

Jack

It only made sense to head to Michigan to get to Columbus from Waterloo, other trips are through Buffalo.

drdeath25