California Roll Call!

Started by a_noble_kaz, January 27, 2011, 02:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nate Grey

Quote from: drdeath25 on February 09, 2011, 08:41:28 PM
We got lucky the past 3 years and got gaslamp hotels within walking distance. Last year we got REALLY LUCKY and were able to stay at the Hard Rock right across the street. But with how fast the badges went this year, i am sure it will be alot worse trying to score a hotel this year. As long as i am in the gaslamp I will be happy.... I wonder when the hotel registration will start. Any idea?

Still no word on Hotel Registration. I checked the Comic Con webpage and it said to stay tuned for announcements about that. We might do what many others have been doing, and that's booking a hotel somewhere in San Diego outside of the reserved ones just for a backup.

Nate Grey

Just a friendly reminder that Comic Con 2011 Hotel Registration starts on March 9 at 9:00 am PST. My friends and I already reserved a back up hotel in case we don't get a hotel we want when the registration nightmare begins.

drdeath25

This again... got the hard rock last year. Lets hope for at least Gaslamp District in this registration nightmare!

Nate Grey

Quote from: drdeath25 on March 06, 2011, 02:30:14 PM
This again... got the hard rock last year. Lets hope for at least Gaslamp District in this registration nightmare!

So did you have any luck? Both my friends got nothing on their list and were given hotels 4 and 6 miles away from the convention. It's been almost three days and I haven't received any hotel confirmation and I submitted way faster than they did. This is a total nightmare. We really don't want to be stuck with our back up hotel.   :(

drdeath25

We got the Westin Gaslamp  ;)

Onslaught

Quote from: Nate Grey on March 12, 2011, 01:37:21 AM
So did you have any luck? Both my friends got nothing on their list and were given hotels 4 and 6 miles away from the convention. It's been almost three days and I haven't received any hotel confirmation and I submitted way faster than they did. This is a total nightmare. We really don't want to be stuck with our back up hotel.   :(

Worst case scenario, try http://www.missionvalleyresort.com/

It's about half the price of the Gaslamp Comic Con hotel pricing, and the rooms are huge. It sucks to not be downtown where all the action is, but it's still a really nice option. They will have a van drop you off (or pick you up) at the trolley whenever you request it, and of course the trolley drops you off right in front of the Convention Center. They don't charge you anything to reserve a room, and you have all the way up to one week before check-in date to cancel without any fees...so you might wanna grab it now and then just cancel it if you get an e-mail telling you that you got your hotel of choice. Good luck.

Overtime

I will be going to grudge match Gambits #1 fan, so bring your best Gambit deck.

Nate Grey

Quote from: drdeath25 on March 12, 2011, 02:49:12 AM
We got the Westin Gaslamp  ;)

So lucky!  :o How do you guys do it?!

Quote from: Onslaught on March 12, 2011, 03:32:47 AM
Worst case scenario, try http://www.missionvalleyresort.com/

It's about half the price of the Gaslamp Comic Con hotel pricing, and the rooms are huge. It sucks to not be downtown where all the action is, but it's still a really nice option. They will have a van drop you off (or pick you up) at the trolley whenever you request it, and of course the trolley drops you off right in front of the Convention Center. They don't charge you anything to reserve a room, and you have all the way up to one week before check-in date to cancel without any fees...so you might wanna grab it now and then just cancel it if you get an e-mail telling you that you got your hotel of choice. Good luck.

Thanks for that suggestion. Since its been 5 days now since I've yet to receive my hotel reservation, it looks like we will have to take our back up. It'll be at America's Best Value Inn which is only a little over a mile away from the convention. A nice walk to and from, especially with the great San Diego weather. The only bad thing is that its a small, single double room and it'll be three of us sharing the room.  Not so much comfort, but hey, its something and we're busy enough all day and evening anyway.  :)

jitahadi

Hi Cali,

Once it is decided when/where to play @ Comic-Con, please post it here.  I will be down in San Diego for a couple of the days at the convention and look fwd to getting in some games there as well as in the hotels after hours if you all are up to it.

jitahadi

Onslaught

Yo, if you remember me this is Richie from Darkstar, and if you remember Aaron he is gonna be at Comic Con too. He's trying to talk Jon Land and Yuri into playing some games down there, and Aaron's dad Sean will probably play too. DRDEATH25 and Overtime from these boards will also be playing there, so theoretically we could have around a lot of strong players in the same place at the same time.

jitahadi

Heya Richie!!

I can NEVER forget the crew from Darkstar (and Hemet of course)! Glad you are still doin it w/OP!  I know you converted to Vs. System for a while, but so did we all  :D.  I get on your OP Online network on Hamachi & will be on there every nite (give or take) from about 5pm to 8pm PST.  Remember the late nite matches on the original OverPower Online 10 yrs ago!  They were great fun until the bugs would crash it!  Looking fwd to more matches when you have time to log in there.  I'm gonna try to establish a nitely playing time up until Comic-Com.  I gotta get an IM back up so you can hit me up.  My email is of course, jitahadi@hotmail.com or @yahoo.com or gmail.com.

jitahadi

p.s. If you talk to Aaron or Sean, tell them I say 'WHAZZUP!' (and of course Yuri).

BasiliskFang

I'm from Long Beach California. :)

Nate Grey

Quote from: BasiliskFang on May 22, 2012, 06:15:19 PM
I'm from Long Beach California. :)

Wow, nice to have another Southern Californian here.  8)

BasiliskFang

i added you on messenger, we should get together

DarKBladE09

I'm about 30 min north of Sac, so Redding and Bay area are not too far of a stretch for me :)