New Tournament Announcement In Mass!

Started by Ravencroft, February 26, 2011, 02:13:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravencroft

So the next tournament in the Command D series of tournaments is...

Pimps and Hoes!!!!

The peripheral parameters of deck construction will be
Three women front line characters
One Male Reserve
Team characters count as male

More details will come soon.

BigBadHarve

Interesting. My friend has just such a team built - We call it Sabretooth's Harem! It's a fun deck.

I don't think we'll be making it down this time around, but keep us in the loop about Command D tourneys.

Tomorrow's our Toronto meetup #2. I'm thinking that #3 will definitely be a tournament, we're looking at April 30th.

-BBH

rucker73

After looking at some deck possibilities...  I have come to notice that in the comic book world...

the chicks ain't that smart.  I don't think that 1 one of them has an intellect rating over 6 and even then I can only think of a couple that even have that.

"Wade! into action!"

BigBadHarve

Quote from: rucker73 on February 26, 2011, 08:12:00 AM
After looking at some deck possibilities...  I have come to notice that in the comic book world...

the chicks ain't that smart.  I don't think that 1 one of them has an intellect rating over 6 and even then I can only think of a couple that even have that.

Technically Reyes has an 8... but yes there does seem to be a certain statement about the intellect of women... at least on the OP cards...

Future Backlash is a woman, right? She has a 7...

-BBH

rucker73

You got me BBH.  I've been out nerded.  lol
"Wade! into action!"

BigBadHarve

rucker73

How about She-Hulk, Scarlet Witch, Spider Woman and your man Thor in reserve?
"Wade! into action!"

BigBadHarve

Quote from: rucker73 on February 28, 2011, 10:37:04 PM
How about She-Hulk, Scarlet Witch, Spider Woman and your man Thor in reserve?

Insolent mortal, The Mighty Thor dost not cower behind the womenfolk!

Ravencroft

Ok so heres my deck and id like some help...

Wonder Woman
Zealot
Elektra
Thunderbird (For ultimate sacrifice)

Mission Set Infestation Incident

The rule is you can use battlesites or any heroes BUT you can only use the woman on the battlesite or anyheroes that have chicks on them
I am going to use Asteroid M

SO thoughts?

Pass the Gestalt

gameplan.exe

I protest the title (I hate pimps). So how about going with Charlie's Angels and making this team to suit it?

White Queen, Phoenix, Jean Grey: Dark Phoenix, Professor X (R)
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

BigBadHarve

Quote from: Ravencroft on March 01, 2011, 04:03:10 PM
Ok so heres my deck and id like some help...

Wonder Woman
Zealot
Elektra
Thunderbird (For ultimate sacrifice)

Mission Set Infestation Incident

The rule is you can use battlesites or any heroes BUT you can only use the woman on the battlesite or anyheroes that have chicks on them
I am going to use Asteroid M

Interesting rule about only using the women on the site.

I helped a friend build a team that coincidentally fits this theme, it's pretty effective. We call it 'Sabretooth's Harem.'

He also uses Wonder Woman and Zealot. Instead of Elektra, we put in Black Cat. Sabretooth in reserve. Sabretooth backs up Wonder Woman's strength teamwork, plus you get the fighting avoid from reserve. Black cat has awesome cards. If you get Zealot's Kherubim in place before your opponent can negate it, Black Cat's femme fatale card is unstoppable.

His is any heroes, but it would also work as a site team.

Fatal Attractions for the mission to use Best Laid PLans and no energy icons. (Keep the E icons to a minimum.)

Try that on for size.

-BBH

Ravencroft

I have talked with a friend of mine and thats the team he named, except he used 3 stat domino not blackcat.

I want to now go with Crystal, Jean Grey:DF, Dazzler, and Inhumans in reserve. The mission set i want to use will definately be to kill a guy, and Asteroid M for the battlesite, but which mish set?

Onslaught

At first I thought the only option for this format would be a fighting deck since Zealot/Wonder Woman pop out at you, but don't forget Dark Phoenix and Reyes.

Dark Phoenix, Scarlet Witch, White Queen, Professor X could be formidable if only for the fact that you'll be able to run Maximum Carnage and obliterate everyone else using the obvious fighting teams.

Ravencroft

Quote from: Onslaught on March 03, 2011, 06:22:35 AM
At first I thought the only option for this format would be a fighting deck since Zealot/Wonder Woman pop out at you, but don't forget Dark Phoenix and Reyes.

Dark Phoenix, Scarlet Witch, White Queen, Professor X could be formidable if only for the fact that you'll be able to run Maximum Carnage and obliterate everyone else using the obvious fighting teams.

I am going to use Asteroid M, so Scarlet With is out. I'd rather have her negate under a battlesite where there will be no DoW.
I want to see someone make a 7str deck, i think it'll be funny to play against.