New Tournament Announcement In Mass!

Started by Ravencroft, February 26, 2011, 02:13:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameplan.exe

QuoteI want to see someone make a 7str deck, i think it'll be funny to play against.

So, these would pretty much be your only options, unless I missed some one...

Fairchild
Knockout
Rogue
She Hulk

With the right person in reserve, this isn't actually too bad...
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Onslaught

Quote from: Ravencroft on March 03, 2011, 03:59:30 PM
I am going to use Asteroid M, so Scarlet With is out. I'd rather have her negate under a battlesite where there will be no DoW.

Having three negates in a deck seems more powerful than having one negate under a battlesite. Not to mention having one negate total in a format where you're going to see lots of Kheribum is a really bad thing...

Negates aside, the energy team would dominate solely based on being able to play anti-fighting events.

BigBadHarve

You could try a Crystal and Inhumans combo, to maximize your KO event. Point wise they balance each other out so your options are way open for the rest of your team. Jean Grey: Dark Phoenix and Scarlet Witch work well. If you want to keep the Witch for your battlesite, swap her out for Jubilee for that extra defense.

Are you guys allowed to use the Marvels?

-BBH

Hot Rod

Haha, while a funny format in title, I don't think whoever came up with it realised the distribution of female characters with 8 grids.  If anyone can actually win this tournament without homemades using a strength or intellect deck I'd be surprised.  Zealot + Wonder Woman frontline, and Dark Phoenix frontline with Dr Strange in reserve using Marvels 1-6 will be incredibly hard to overcome.

Maybe a frontline of Scarlet Witch, Reyes, and Invisbile Woman could do it as a quasi intellect deck with some male 8 intellect in reserve.

Ravencroft

ive already talked about the crystal/inhumans thing but new ruling on teams, no teams

And no marvels

BigBadHarve

No teams, huh.

Yeah, I expect you'll see a lot of Jean Grey: DP teams, and Wonder Woman/Zealot combos.

I like the theme, but it does sort of limit the variety of teams.

-BBH

Ravencroft

It does kind of limit but we are trying to encourage the use of characters that don't see the light of day.
I will be using Reyes, Dazzler, Jean Grey DF, Onslaught. With infinity gauntlet mish set. I will hopefully team work the fighting decks to death. While having some defense still.

rucker73

How about this...  Future Backlash, Invisible Woman, Reyes with Mr.Sinister in reserve

Vault Battlesite, Infinity Gauntlet missions

I was just wondering what you guys think the viability of a bet 7 using Vertigo from the battlesite along with mist body from Backlash, with wonder woman's inherent to give you the venture win.
"Wade! into action!"

BigBadHarve

Quote from: rucker73 on March 11, 2011, 08:42:14 AM
How about this...  Future Backlash, Invisible Woman, Reyes with Mr.Sinister in reserve

Vault Battlesite, Infinity Gauntlet missions

I was just wondering what you guys think the viability of a bet 7 using Vertigo from the battlesite along with mist body from Backlash, with wonder woman's inherent to give you the venture win.

You mean Invisible Woman's inherent?  ;)

I think the biggest obstacle you'll face is your opponent negating Mist Body. That happens and you're screwed. Also, if Backlash is killed (unlikely if Vertigo is in play) you're also in trouble. But that's the fun of the bet 7 teams... the uncertainty!  ;)

-BBH

Ravencroft

You can only use the famale characters on the battlesite, or any heroes that have females.

This is really about underused female characters of the game.

rucker73

So a lot of Asteroid M for the people without Scarlet Witch and X-Mansion for the people with.

Unless you use White Queen and Scarlet witch...  then I guess the only other site with 3 ladies is Coda Island, but it has no AG or AO.  Although Fairchild does have the teamwork avoid...

or in that case you can just go with the any heroes and you have an AA, AG, BQ and DB.

I really like trying to build decks this way.  Wish I lived in your area to play in a few of these things.
"Wade! into action!"

BigBadHarve

Quote from: rucker73 on March 13, 2011, 04:58:02 PM
I really like trying to build decks this way.  Wish I lived in your area to play in a few of these things.

If they keep doing regular tournaments, I'm thinking a road trip to Massachusetts to partake might be fun at some point.

Obviously we'd need to find out their house rules and get used to them... but if that happens are you interested in tagging along? (I'd plan it in advance, and probably arrange a detour up to Ottawa to grab you.)

-BBH

rucker73

If I was going to New England I would probably have to make a trip of it with the wife.  lol  I don't what she would think of me vacationing with you BBH
"Wade! into action!"

BigBadHarve

Quote from: rucker73 on March 14, 2011, 08:09:56 AM
If I was going to New England I would probably have to make a trip of it with the wife.  lol  I don't what she would think of me vacationing with you BBH

You'd have to let her in on our secret relationship, and that might get awkward...  :P

-BBH