Peace Bridge 2015 Tournaments in Buffalo, May 15-16.

Started by theorangeking, March 16, 2015, 09:10:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr brown

Quote from: Carlos7195 on March 25, 2015, 11:31:25 PM
I have played with the dumping activator rule.  It does definitely help in making a battle site worthwhile.  When Dow is in play it results in more than losing than 4 cards.  With the home base of placing any heroes it was already a huge advantage without adding Dow.  Dumping activators on dow is a step in the right direction.  Battlesites allow soooo many more decks that are playable but with the current rule no one will play them and be competitive.
i would like to have everyone going to Peace Bridge tourny in May to try out the activator chain vs DOW in their groups. by which i mean, DOW is played, owner of battlesite on their offensive turn may play as many activators as an attack against DOW (if no events prevent attacking DOW) they have in hand. and try the chain proposal out at Peacebridge on Saturday. then each player votes on as a rule going forward.

OP GOD

Ok I have sat idle for a bit.

I have listened to the debate and I cannot stress enough how play testing in a rated tournament is not a good idea. Especially since we have started our season already.  I am not saying it shouldn't be changed or play tested in a tournament idea.  I am just saying let's slow down a bit and maybe we can bring decks and test collectively and discuss at Buffalo .  However, I think just jamming a new rule in and running with it is bad news bears.

Not sure if the rule change would effect the tournament from being rated. 

I personally am starting to look into battle sites myself, it's not over yet.  Plus with all the talk of people not putting DOW in their decks, because of all the anyhero decks, it might solve itself. Lol

M
OP GOD
OP GOD

~ To play me, is an HONOUR.

theorangeking

Update on the Peace Bridge tourney.

1. DC3 tourney - only DC, JLA, or DC3 cards can be used. This is a Can/Am tourney as well. The series is tied 1 and 1. Note: this year you do NOT have to follow the H/V codes. Hopefully, this opens it up to a bigger variety of decks. Game winners will receive an unopened DC pack each round.

2. Saturday tourney - the question on chaining activators did not result in a consensus. It was suggested that on Saturday the tourney players vote on it before it starts to allow chaining or keep it the same.

Prize pool: Some nice prizes including a new Peace Bridge trophy for the winner. The top 8 will get to draw out of the prize pool. The highest placing new player in Buffalo will receive a very nice first timer prize. Other items include autographed OP cards, unopened boxes and packs, etc.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Note: I will be traveling in from my new home in PA for the tourney. I will have the store available.

AO user

Less that 2 weeks!  Some questions
1.  DC3 Nightwing has IA. He can play non opd ROBIN cards.  Q: can he have Robin cards if Robin is NOT on team? Can Crystal be on a team WITHOUT Inhumans ?

2 DS specials: can they be used by beta Ray bill or Crystal? Or beyonder?
3. Color proxies/ Chuu proxies permitted?

See y'all soon!  -AO

chuu

yes, it would be nice if my Power Card and Teamwork sets were permitted :) I believe color proxies of marvels and officially released cards are permitted :)

BigBadHarve

Good news.

I am definitely in the 'chain activator' camp for DoW! I think everyone should practice with that rule and get used to it, vote yes. Change needs to occur for this game and this is a good place to start.

Quote from: AO user on May 03, 2015, 04:08:15 PM
Less that 2 weeks!  Some questions
1.  DC3 Nightwing has IA. He can play non opd ROBIN cards.  Q: can he have Robin cards if Robin is NOT on team? Can Crystal be on a team WITHOUT Inhumans ?

2 DS specials: can they be used by beta Ray bill or Crystal? Or beyonder?
3. Color proxies/ Chuu proxies permitted?

See y'all soon!  -AO

1. Yes, Nightwing can add Robin's non-OPDs to the deck. Yes, Crystal can appear on the team without Inhumans.
2. DS specials - there's ambiguity there - but my personal ruling would be that yes - DS cards played by Crystal or Beta Ray can be used to grab their cards.

Kyoujin

Even though I won't be participating in this years Peace Bridge Tournament, I still support the chaning activators rule, especially since, I believe, it was revealed that DoW wasn't play tested.

AO user

I support the chaining activators rule... its still brutal, yo.

chuu

Hi Guys,

What time is the registration for this tournament start?  I'm pretty sure I'll going on the Saturday since my passport came.  I just have to get my car looked at before making the drive. 

Are my Babe Power cards and Teamworks legal? :D

I'll have some Babe Expansion and Babe Power card sets for sale with me on Saturday. :D

Jack

Larry says 9AM on Saturday for registration.

Registration starts at 3PM on Friday, tournament starts at 6PM or so.

chuu

so 9 am registration and the tournament starts at 10 am i'm guessing?

Jack

Yes, I think we're following the time schedule from last year.

chuu

I asked Larry about my comic Babe Power cards and Team Work cards and they are not usable at the Peace Bridge tournament.

I think i'm the only one that's surprised by this..

breadmaster

is it a similar format as the last one?  that is, timed rounds in the prelims, but games to completion in elimination rounds?

edit:  also, what is the entry fee?

AO user

LAST YEAR. Friday was free.  Saturday was $25.  and was held at

Seneca Gospel Mission
462 Elk St.
Buffalo, NY