Peace Bridge 2015 Tournaments in Buffalo, May 15-16.

Started by theorangeking, March 16, 2015, 09:10:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

breadmaster

some things I was happy to see:

-unanimous voting to weaken dow, despite the vast majority using anys

-tons of variation in reserve characters...a few dr strange's, but mostly different characters back there

-use of muir island homebase.  I think that brings our total in tournaments up to 5 (ffp, cape citadel, avengers mansion, x-world, muir island)  any I'm forgetting?

Kyoujin

What was the general consesus surronding the DoW change?  I playtested it as such, and it makes the card much more balanced, while remaining a threat.  I personally like the change.

breadmaster

make it at least 6 homebases...I forgot my own use of asteroid m in my first tournament

the mass dump on dow is better, but i'm still not a fan of the card

I played 8 matches against anys, going 5-3.  twice I got deathstrike (GL) off before dow (against larry both times), and won both of those matches.  so 3-3 when devourer was played.  the losses came the usual way (overwhelmed with hits getting out 4 activators), and the wins came in a similar fashion.  it so happens that the team was built with all characters having access to block off cards (BJ or CW), so I was able to sneak out some cheap-o wins by betting big with a block off even though I was down to my last character vs several of the opponent's

i'll have to check the video of the semi against ed, but I got exchanged very few activators for specials.  while dow was out, he was also attacking the site.  I finally got 4 activators on it, but his last attack couldn't be stopped by my beast activator.  I think I had half a dozen more discard activators throughout the game

so my thoughts are...the mass dump is more balanced, but dow is still a wretchedly un-fun card to play against

breadmaster

as I was looking back, another neat factoid from this tournament:

the final 4 teams all a mained a different icon

energy: xman/phoenix/reavers/pierce
fighting: cap/daredevil/brute/sabretooth
strength: namor/fantastic/invisible woman/thing
intellect: sinister/skull/dark beast/fantastic

also, 14/16 unique characters!

chuu

ya, it was a varied tournament, I made my team to compete against Energy decks and didn't encounter as many as i thought i would.

poneill378

Does anyone know if the videos from this were ever posted? I would love to learn from my mistakes before Toronto ;-)

Jack

Nope, thanks to chuu, I deleted them. ;)

I'm just crazy busy with a lot of things, they'll be done, just no definite timeline.

poneill378

lol

Thanks Jack. Don't worry about getting to them anytime soon; I was just wondering if I had missed them.

chuu

LOL, I don't know what I did to make you delete them...I was just wondering where they were...lol

Jack

The venue will probably be at Dueling Grounds again this year. Unfortunately, our plans at Metro Hall and City Hall were vanquished because they won't allow us to be  there after 6PM on either day.

chuu

this works for me just fine, but skeletaur is going to be pissed...lol. There aren't any good hotels in that area either.

Jack

Location is confirmed to be at Dueling Grounds in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. 1193 Bloor Street West, west of Dufferin Street.

Parking is available at the mall or on the side streets. There is absolutely no food allowed in the store but drinks are allowed.

The expected start time is 11AM for registration and probably 11:30 or so will be Round 1. We will keep everyone up to date to see if we can push this to 10AM.

chuu

wow, there goes my weekend, got lots of videos to watch :)

EDIT:

i can't believe how many dumb ass mistakes I made that last game.  Picked up a card from the deadpile to replace an event card (quickly noticed by both), drew a card before the card's effect was determined and had to reshuffle.  I stood Stars and Garters up on the box keep me from forgetting about it and I still forgot about it.  Jonathan was a very good sport about it :) I was up at 5 a.m. to make it in time for the tournament and I guess he was tired as well since he tried to hit me with one of my own hits..lol.