OP Cup 2015

Started by Jack, May 27, 2015, 12:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skeletaur

Thanks for the reply! I was thinking about that card as well as Morbius ED and Longshot DO.

poneill378

Longshot and Morbius are a no go for Friday.

From the OP CUP FB page:
Come join us at the best comic book store in the galaxy [Heroes and Games] on August 7-8 2015 to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Overpower.
We will start the festivities at 5 PM Friday evening for a casual Q&A (hopefully hosted by none other than our good friend Keith Bursack) Following the Q&A we will start our Friday night tournament around 6 PM. The format for Friday nights event will be any tournament legal team with two exceptions. First is no team can include characters that possess a negate. (Including Longshot/Baron Mordo/Morbius/ect) Second is the reserve hero may not play any cards from reserve, even if the card or inherent ability allows them to do so.
We will play 4 rounds of swiss, which should allow a clear cut winner. However in the event of a tie we will play 1 extra round. Each round will last 35 minutes, followed by 1 extra hand if a venture has taken place. The cost for Friday nights event will be $5/per player. Winner of this event will receive free entry into Saturdays main event.
Additional details coming soon in regards to the main event!!! Good luck to all who join us, and until then venture well.

Jack

Darn, there goes my deck with Bishop...

OP King

Yes,  Bishop is on the Danger Room homebase
Along with Beast, iceman, gambit, rogue and angel

ojcart

Is it OK if I drop by to watch the play and perhaps trade or buy some OP cards? I am local.

OP King

Ojcart,
Please stop in, I will have extra cards for sale and you are welcome to watch/play on Friday and Saturday.

chuu

So...what's going on? If it's the same old story then a Canadian is winning the tournament....hahahah

Skeletaur

Hey all, thanks a lot for the great time and thanks Phil for the hospitality. I had a blast. Even the 11 hour drive back home wasn't too bad ;p

FYI I don't think my deck got recorded , in case someone wants to add it to the history books.

Holocaust, X-Man, Inhumans, Sunfire (reserve) -- Stark Enterprises Battlesite -- Infinity Gauntlet Mission.

As I missed the final four showdown... who won?

OP King

Phil Keffer beat Marcel in the finals.

chuu

how many players made it out?

chuu

Awesome!

Alot of faces i don't know as well! nice!

Jack

http://overpower.ca/wiki/OP_Cup_2015

• Phil Keffer (+81) 1892
  • Marcel Lojet (-7) 1816
  • Garion Sutton (-25) 1749
  • Sean Ballantyne (+132) 1733
  • Phil Miller (+13) 1661
  • Josh Alexander (+19) 1658
  • Ray Reynolds (-16) 1631
  • Doug Simms (-15) 1622
  • Jonathan Lewis (-1) 1606
  • Scott Flint (+5) 1605