OverPower Championships 2015 (October 9/10)

Started by Jack, September 14, 2015, 10:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

I am very sorry for the late post about it, there were other things to take care of, but now we have confirmed it!

OverPower Championships 2015 is happening on October 10 with a side event on the evening of October 9. The city is Toronto but the venue is not confirmed yet.

More details about the event will be posted once we figure it all out.

Skeletaur

Great news that the date is set. Do you have a rough idea of what area of TO the event will be held? I would like to get a hotel that is in the area and booking for the Thanksgiving weekend might get tough .

Thanks a lot!

Jack

We have two venues on the shortlist, either Toronto City Hall or Metro Hall. Metro Hall is the likelier candidate.

EDIT
Both are up in the air. City Hall is now in the lead because of better parking.

chuu

oh man, i'm going to have to wear a suit and tie to get in there..lol.

Skeletaur

Awesome as I reserved at a hotel right across from City Hall!

chuu

I owe you a beer sir! We can get it on friday night or saturday night :)

Skeletaur

Hot Rod

The prize pool will be as follows:

1.  $300 CAN

2.  Monumental Booster Box

3.  Batman Detective Hero

4.  Beyonder

5.  Hideout Discovered! Event

6.  Assault on Onslaught Mission Set

7.  Power Leech

8.  Bastion

Ideally I would like to have 8 rounds of swiss with 40 minute time limits; 50 minute top 8 and top 4 with an unlimited finale.  Until we find out how late we'll have the room for none of this is set in stone.

Friday tournament prize:

1.  Entry into main tournament

Format will likely be 7-8 swiss rounds of 35 minute time limits with best record taking it.  Again, this is still to be decided as we don't know all the details yet.

Friday fee: $7.50 USD or $10 CAN

Saturday fee: $30 USD or $40 CAN

chuu

Awesome, any special restrictions to decks on Friday night?

breadmaster

anyone interested in taking my action for the tournament?

poneill378

Like in poker? Buying you in for a percentage of your win?

Or do you mean just betting on you to win the tourny?

breadmaster

similar to poker.  they pay the entrance fee, and get any prizes.  i'll just be a mercenary, and use whatever deck they want (or one of my own if they choose)

maybe change things up a bit for me

Jack

As announced on the Facebook page:

Here's a sneak preview of the promotional cards being released at the OverPower Championships 2015. We will be giving these out to each participant at our tournament on October 10th.

More details about the cards will be released starting in October. Pre-orders for those who are interested will start October 5th at a price TBD.

chuu

Quote from: breadmaster on September 21, 2015, 06:22:35 PM
similar to poker.  they pay the entrance fee, and get any prizes.  i'll just be a mercenary, and use whatever deck they want (or one of my own if they choose)

maybe change things up a bit for me
I can do this, you're a good mercenary :)