Peace Bridge Tournament IV May 13-14, 2016 Location: St. Mark's Buffalo, NY

Started by theorangeking, December 18, 2015, 09:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AO user

all of cards are posted here.  The DC3 ones were used last year and again this year:
https://www.pinterest.com/olegion/

https://www.pinterest.com/olegion/dc3-overpower/

*the location cards are at the bottom

theorangeking

Jack

@Larry - 462 Elk Street changed their name to Promise Valley, just want to confirm it's the same place.

AO user

Quote from: theorangeking on December 18, 2015, 09:49:21 AM
Reserve the dates. Peace Bridge IV will be May 13-14, 2016 with the location tbd.

Friday night tournament will be a Femme Fatales match. That is female characters only and Chuu's babe cards will be legal. Proxies are allowed. DOW chain rule will apply. Decks must follow all deck building guidelines.

If you need cards for the Femme Fatale decks you can get them at: theOrangeKing.com

Saturday will be a standard sanctioned tournament. DOW chain rule will apply. Proxies are allowed.

Note: Proxies must be quality reproductions of the card.

Prizes will be based on number of entries but top prize will be cash.

will registration be free for teenage players (like K2 did)?  I'm trying to get some to play at peace bridge & that may persuade them...

theorangeking

Quote from: Jack on March 05, 2016, 08:01:40 PM
@Larry - 462 Elk Street changed their name to Promise Valley, just want to confirm it's the same place.

Hi Jack,

Seneca Gospel Mission is the parent company. So yes it is the same place. UNFORTUNATELY the main room is being remodeled and won't be finished in time for the tourney. I have been looking at alternate locations since last week. I will let you know as soon as I secure a location.

mr brown

anyone going to tourny want a place to stay for the weekend i have room at my house.

Jack

theorangeking

Hi all OP players: here is the location information for the Peace Bridge Tourney on Mary 13 and 14 -

St. Mark's & All Saints Episcopal Church
311 Ontario St.
Buffalo, NY 14207

St. Mark's is located off the 90 about 15 minutes north of the Peace Bridge.

The closest hotel is a Super 8 on 1288 Sheridan Dr., Kenmore, NY 14217. It is 7 minutes north of St. Mark's.

Also, as Ed Kowalewski mentioned he will also be providing free housing at his house again this year. Let him know if you are planning to stay there.

Jack

Thanks Larry, I updated the homepage to reflect the new location.

AO user

are there registration fees for friday nite? how much for saturday?  are 16 year olds and under free registration or was that just a K2 thing?

chuu

I like the new announcement :) I wonder if the money will change the decks that make it out :D 

Saturday tourney announcement #1 - this is a bonus challenge. If you WIN the tournament on Saturday AND don't have Spawn, Scarlet Witch, Beast, Starjammers, Heroes for Hire, or Dr. Strange on your team you will get a BONUS of $200. The bonus is in addition to having first choice from the prize pool.

theorangeking

Registration - Friday night is $5.00. This includes a choice of the MegaPower specials or 10 JLA VR specials.

Saturday is $25.00.

NOTE: 16 years and younger are free for both events.

Here again is the link to the DC3 cards.

https://www.pinterest.com/olegion/dc3-overpower/

BlueFire

AO user

Church is on 311 Ontario St. Parish hall, where event will be held  is 256 Riverside Ave, 20 yards or meters behind church (next to 20 space parking lot)