Videos from OP Cup 2015 + OverPower Championships 2015

Started by Jack, January 06, 2016, 07:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Apologies for the delay in the videos, I was overburdened by work and things kept piling up.

OP Cup 2015:

Round 1
Jack Truong vs Lance Hatcher
Scott Flint vs Clint Martin

Round 2
Josh Alexander vs David McMillan
Phil Keffer vs Sean Ballantyne

Round 3
Jack Truong vs Garion Sutton
Myles Head vs Phil Keffer

Round 4
Clint Martin vs Mark Bryson
Josh Alexander vs Phil Keffer

Next 4 rounds should be out sometime this weekend, elimination should follow after that. OP Championships should be in the next few weeks.

AO user

Thanks Jack!  Watching these are great fun!  Thanks again for all of your support for this game!  I'm going to watch Phil vs Sean first.

chuu

yes, the videos are great Jack!

on a sidenote, gotta remind people that if they are on camera they need to not cover their cards up.  It's hard to watch a game if you can't see what's happening on one side of the match.

Pulsar88

Thanks for posting videos.  Giving me a chance to watch and see how to get back into the game.   Is it here to post comments about game play and why things are allowed that I thought were against the rules?

BlueFire

Jack

We've made a few rule changes, as noted in the K2 post, and legalized a set of cards, but the game is pretty much played out as if it were the early 2000's.

Pulsar88

Ok great.   I might be mistaken 2 things stood out.

1.  X-Babies, maybe I missed the rule change:  At one point X-babies was hit with a power card and was removed from the game.  I thought power cards does not cumulative and spectrum KO x-babies.   Now I think he was about to lose the game but, still I was curious why x-babies was KO'd.

2.   I noticed during a teamwork attack that after the follow up attack, the person took the hit and then conceded right away.  I didn't see the player initiating the attack say that there was not a additional 2nd follow-up attack coming and wasn't given a chance to attack because the player conceded after the first attack.  Is that legal?  I thought teamwork you allowed (2) follow up attacks.  Basically the question is, is the opponent allowed to concede after this first follow up attack?

Thanks!

AO user

The dead is dead rule was used to fix "broken" Veritigo + Xbabies decks.  Those lil tykes would eat your power pack for goodness sake!   Others had hard to KO combos. Read up on it here:

http://www.beenhereandthere.com/SMF/ko/'dead-is-dead'-or-just-hard-to-kill/

Teamworks used to be played as stand alone. Then a follow up PC ATTACK became required.  The second follow up isn't obligatory.  Often the player wants to hold the other PC for a different TW or defense.  I rarely see tournament players make second follow up except if they need the target KOd THIS TURN before they can play their draw 3 or something.  So.... The TW guy must of said. No more attacks are coming and ended his turn. Then the concession

Pulsar88

Quote from: AO user on January 13, 2016, 09:15:42 AM

Teamworks used to be played as stand alone. Then a follow up PC ATTACK became required.  The second follow up isn't obligatory.  Often the player wants to hold the other PC for a different TW or defense.  I rarely see tournament players make second follow up except if they need the target KOd THIS TURN before they can play their draw 3 or something.  So.... The TW guy must of said. No more attacks are coming and ended his turn. Then the concession

Ok thanks for letting me know DiD rule.

As for the teamwork:  I was watching it and the player always take a extreme longtime to make his move and I think the other guy fell asleep.  The guy took the hit and immediately moved cards underneath indicating he was conceding but didn't wait to see if the other player wanted to make the second follow up.  I'm not sure because I couldn't hear anything.  Just from a tactical standpoint, he had a AH archangel on homebase that I would have forced him to use since he only had 1 card in hand and not many additional card to play placed.   I think that AH Archangel came back to hurt him in the following rounds.   I just watched the video and I just wanted some clarification that if the player had said "no more follow up" and then the concede happened or if the player just conceded prematurely.

AO user

well, I for one would not let someone run away from a legitimate beating.  Can you cut and paste the address if you reply again, maybe with a time marker.  By the way, this forum has all sorts of good reads in it (like the Dead is Dead thread)  choose a card, subject (deck construction) or poster (BBH, Onslaught, Jack or Breadmaster as examples) and enjoy!  Welcome aboard!

Pulsar88

Quote from: AO user on January 13, 2016, 12:17:03 PM
well, I for one would not let someone run away from a legitimate beating.  Can you cut and paste the address if you reply again, maybe with a time marker.  By the way, this forum has all sorts of good reads in it (like the Dead is Dead thread)  choose a card, subject (deck construction) or poster (BBH, Onslaught, Jack or Breadmaster as examples) and enjoy!  Welcome aboard!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMXG-nVvOto&feature=youtu.be

At 35:28.  I looked again and didn't hear a no further attack but I could be wrong. 

Thanks.  I've been reading here and there when I got time.   Just a lot of rule changes since I first played a longtime ago.  Hard to catch up on all the rulings.

Jack