Upcoming Overpower Championships 2018

Started by zippa_head, April 05, 2018, 04:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zippa_head

Hello everyone.

I wanted to give everyone plenty of time to have a look over the details for the upcoming tournament I will be hosting in Toronto this year.

Any questions or concerns, feel free to email me directly as given on the flyer.

We are hoping to make it the biggest turnout ever.

Thanks,
Dan

****Flyer****
https://imgur.com/a/PCqikuJ

breadmaster

if I'm reading that flyer correctly, you should indeed have a healthy turnout!

Photonicide

That's awesome! Man, I wish I didn't live so far away... I'm in Georgia.

zippa_head

Are you planning to make it our Mr. Breadmaster?

I know georgia seems far...but if u have a few friends, a carpool idea can work. I know there's a few guys from OK that might be making the trip, they have just as far to come I think.

Hoping to bring out a good number for sure. We really want to see how much interest there is with the game.

Arctursa

Does anybody know if those OK people are on this forum? I am a new player from the old days getting back into it, and I live in OK. Would be interested to talk to a few players in my area.

breadmaster

I think odbjosh is from OK; try sending him a PM

yeah, i'll try to make it out zip.  i'll have to knock the rust off though...haven't played with standard rules in years

zippa_head

We can always organize a meetup of some sort. I know there are a few people who would like to get in some more games.
Would be great to have you out. Going to be pushing a bit more soon once I have the date and location locked in.

Dan

Fractales

Hey guys,

I've never played in one of these tournaments before. Which set of rules is it using? The meta-rules found here: http://overpowercards.com/rules ?

Specifically, I'm wondering about this meta-rule:

"The Home Base Exception — The Home Base Exception is an amendment to the Sum Deck Rule. The Home Base Exception states that a players team, for tournament deckbuilding purposes, may exceed the predetermined Point limitation if, and only if, the player is using a Home base and his team of Characters meets all of the requirements of that particular Home Base."

zippa_head

Question has been answered. But just to reiterate...homebases allow u to make any combination with the players on the homebase even if it exceeds the sum deck rule of 76 for normal deck building.

Dan

The tournament flyer has been updated. ***See link in the first post

Please look for the date and location details.

zippa_head

Hey Steve,

The main idea to put up the money and to make it free for everyone is to hopefully bring out lots of people. Hopefully a few new people who maybe dont know that there are tournaments going on as well. We know there are lots of people around who used to play overpower in the past and we are wanting to get their attention.

Hoping to have lots of fun and see people come out and enjoy the event.

Fractales

Zippa, do you have a full set of rules listed somewhere?

e.g. Are proxies allowed? Is "dead is dead" in effect? Can we use Masters of Evil cards?

BasiliskFang

Quote from: Fractales on August 26, 2018, 12:35:53 AM
Zippa, do you have a full set of rules listed somewhere?

e.g. Are proxies allowed? Is "dead is dead" in effect? Can we use Masters of Evil cards?

I think proxies are ok. Dead is dead is true. Moe cards no.

Don't quote me on that though.

Fractales

It's looking like my group of friends (maybe 6 of us) are going to all come.

However, a lot of them havent played in 15 years, and I dont know if we really know all the meta rules.

I need a complete list of meta and errata rules. Searching by each card code on overpower.ca doesn't really cut it.

BasiliskFang

There was a wiki but I think its dead.

I'd investigate the other way, choose a few heroes you want to play then read the meta.

But im sure you can Google it, last I saw there were many pages with the meta listed.