Toronto Meetup #3 - Bonus Pool!

Started by BigBadHarve, April 27, 2011, 07:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBadHarve

Hey All.

We're having our next meetup this Saturday.

For fun, I'm doing a little giveaway to those of you who can't be here to participate.

Here is a list of my confirmed participants. (If they're not members of the forum, I'll list their real name and an indication of who they are.) There are one or two others who'd emailed me and said they 'might' come. But for purposes of this pool, we'll only select from the people we know are coming.

If you're not competing in my tourney, you may select the player you think will take first place. The person who guesses correctly will win a set of MegaPower promos!

This is first come, first served. So, pick your player. Everyone gets only one selection. Once a player has been chosen, they are removed from the pool.

For added fun. Jack is setting up a camera to record some matches. We won't be able to stream it live, but Jack will post the link when he's able to upload it.

The Players:

Jack
Bamf
Ted C. (Jack's cousin)

Breadmaster

Hot Rod
Pass the Gestalt
Spencer (Hot Rod's brother)

Zippa Head
D'arcy (Zippa's Brother)

Matt G. (Old friend of mine.)

Larry Van E. (aka: The Orange King on eBay)
Jason Van E. (aka: The Orange Prince, I guess?) :P

Okay, so the run down -

Jack, Henry and Ted are solid players, I've only played each once or twice, but they are well versed in the game.

Breadmaster has been playing like mad to get some practice in, still fairly new to sites.

I used to play against Hot Rod and Pass the Gestalt all the time back in the tournament days. We've managed to get a few games in here and there over the past few months. Again, solid players. I'm not sure what Spencer's habits are, so I don't know if he's played as much as his father and Brother. But they share cards and design concepts.

Matt G. has only recently returned to the game after a hiatus of about 8 years. He's been practicing and has a strong team that he wants to use.

I have also known Zippa and D'arcy since the 'old days' when I ran tournaments in downtown T.O. Zippa just thrashed me in a few games online half an hour ago, he's a strong contender. I've only played a couple of games against D'arcy... so don't have much intel to offer on his abilities.

And lastly, you all know Larry as a power seller, but is he a power player? He's been playing OP since the beginning, and used to run tournaments in Buffalo, (a few of which I was able to attend). I vaguely remember either him or Jason being of a reasonably high rank in the standings - so if they are still sharp with the cards, I imagine we'll have a fun battle royale.

Let the games begin!   ;D

-BBH

Onslaught

Hmm....

Larry was quite the Four Freedoms player back in the day, so hopefully he doesn't bring it without knowing about your house rules that nerf it.

That being said, I'll give my vote to him. Do your best, Orange King!

Good luck to everyone else as well.

BigBadHarve

Quote from: Onslaught on April 27, 2011, 07:36:08 PM
Hmm....

Larry was quite the Four Freedoms player back in the day, so hopefully he doesn't bring it without knowing about your house rules that nerf it.

That being said, I'll give my vote to him. Do your best, Orange King!

Good luck to everyone else as well.

Awesome! Larry's been picked.

And yes, he is aware of the rules, I was in touch last week when he confirmed that he'd be coming, I made sure that he had them.

Keep your selections coming!

-BBH

Jack

bamf! is my brother, Ted is my cousin.*

BigBadHarve

Quote from: Jack on April 27, 2011, 07:48:18 PM
bamf! is my brother, Ted is my cousin.*

Ah, had it backwards... sorry about that.

-BBH

Nate Grey

Quote from: BigBadHarve on April 27, 2011, 07:28:02 PM

I have also known Zippa and D'arcy since the 'old days' when I ran tournaments in downtown T.O. Zippa just thrashed me in a few games online half an hour ago, he's a strong contender.

-BBH

Told Zippa Head I'd be rooting for him. He's my pick! He's also thrashed me online.  ;D

Kal-el

Wish I could be there. Wisconsin is just a bit too far.

drdeath25

I'm taking the Orange King.... Pay my wages, larry.

Post Merge: July 14, 2011, 11:12:42 AM

Dammit, Larry! Why did you get picked already?

Jason! Destroy your brother! JVE is my pick!

breadmaster

Jack

Jason is next to the throne but not the brother, he's the son of the king.

breadmaster

and...i see i can't since i plan on participating

Nostalgic

C'mon pappa needs a new pair of shoes! Everything on BLACK!  :P  I mean JACK!!!  ;D 

I'm as excited about you all's meet up and seeing the video as if I were playing in it.  :D
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."

Overtime

Pass the Gestalt is my pick! Good luck to you sir.

BigBadHarve

Excellent! More picks are in!

I will be checking in and updating periodically. I leave for the venue at 11 am (E.S.T) on Saturday, so that will be the deadline for your picks.

-BBH

The choices so far:

Larry Van E.       - Onslaught
Jason Van E.      - Dr. Death
Jack                 - Nostalgic
Pass the Gestalt - Overtime
Zippa Head        - Nate Grey

Still to be chosen:

Bamf
Ted C.
Breadmaster
Hot Rod
Spencer
D'arcy
Matt G.

Post Merge: July 14, 2011, 11:13:06 AM

Another confirmed player added to the pool!

Dave L. (Experienced with Magic, Yu Gi Oh and Pokemon, new to Overpower, but is loving it!)

Jack

bamf! would like to suggest his name be bamf! instead of bamf.