Looking for players in the Northwest

Started by oppl95, April 28, 2011, 06:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oppl95

I live Oregon which is in the Pacific Northwest. I'm looking for players in and around the Pacific Northwest. Send me a PM and maybe we can meet up to play a game sometime.

Nostalgic

I'm affraid the closest person to you on this forum is Cos who's in Ancorage(?) Alaska.  I believe there was someone else on here from northern California but I don't recall who.
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."

CoS

I live in Eagle River but work in Anchorage. If anyone is planning an Alaska trip drop me a line, I'll invite you over for a grill out on my deck and we can play some OverPower.

gameplan.exe

Yeah, me and my crew are from Redding, CA (about 2 hours from the OR border).

Good to see new people on the boards, though. Maybe we should hold some kind of West Coast get together this Summer...
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

BigBadHarve

Quote from: ncannelora on April 28, 2011, 01:21:54 PM
Yeah, me and my crew are from Redding, CA (about 2 hours from the OR border).

Good to see new people on the boards, though. Maybe we should hold some kind of West Coast get together this Summer...

I think you guys should. You never know what will come of it.

Our first Toronto meetup was originally just going to be 4 of us. But people heard about it, and it grew.

I'm planning to organize one every two months. Alternating from casual to contest. With enough notice, you might get out of towners willing to make a trek.

Keep us informed!

-BBH

Jack

Let me know if you're doing a meet up, I'll grant you access to post on http://overpower.ca/meetup to spread the word.

drdeath25

There will be a oppertunity for a west-coast get-together at San Deigo Comic Con in July.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: drdeath25 on April 28, 2011, 03:36:10 PM
There will be a oppertunity for a west-coast get-together at San Deigo Comic Con in July.

Comic Con proved to be too exclusive for us. None of my group were able to get tickets  :'(
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

oppl95

A West Cost meeting would be a good idea cannelora. Maybe we could find a neutral place to meet. Maybe somewhere halfway between Salem and Redding to cut down on traveling costs.

Nate Grey

Northern California/Oregon is still quite a drive from me down in Southern California.  :(

drdeath25

Yup. The best place for a west coast meeting is the Bay Area ;-). Not just because thats where i am located, but because its the center of Salem, Oregon and Southern Cali. If we included SoCal we get an extra 5-6 players.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: drdeath25 on April 29, 2011, 02:09:52 PM
Yup. The best place for a west coast meeting is the Bay Area ;-). Not just because thats where i am located, but because its the center of Salem, Oregon and Southern Cali. If we included SoCal we get an extra 5-6 players.

The Bay Area could actually work pretty well for me on a few fronts. I have some family down there, I'm also a Niners fan (go C. Kaepernick!), and my brothers are Giants fans. So we could easily roll it into another trip to really get bang for our buck!
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27