Toronto Meet up #4: Casual fun

Started by BigBadHarve, May 24, 2011, 01:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oscorp

Hey BBH.  Just wanted to let you know that I am 100% in for next weekends meetup.  Are we allowing the use of proxies for mega rares?  and Marvels?  or is it actual cards only?
I'm rubber and you're glue...

Jack

I don't think we care what cards you proxy for casual meetups, though try to keep it sensible (don't print out all 50+ cards in your deck, per se). For tournaments, we'll have a fixed list of allowed proxies. I'll work with BBH on Saturday to narrow down that list to about Marvels + ~10 to 20 cards.

BigBadHarve

Yeah, this week is a casual meet up. Proxy what you like. It's all about fun and experimentation.

-BBH

Kyle

Quote from: BigBadHarve on June 12, 2011, 10:08:21 PM
Proxy what you like. It's all about fun and experimentation.

-BBH

Hmmm, maybe I should approach the missus about proxying a new girlfriend...

Hot Rod

A list is a good idea as long as you take rarity, cost, and general usefulness into consideration.

Some cards are rare like the Onslaught promos, but don't cost a lot.

Some cards like the Phoenix 11 are rare, costly, and not very useful.

Jack

Well, the proxy list would be comprised of cards that every deck can make use of. Some Any Heroes, Beyonder, A-Next, 5 Multi would be on the list for sure. I don't want to specify character specific cards or heroes except for Malebolgia.

Hot Rod

Quote from: Jack on June 13, 2011, 03:22:10 PM
Well, the proxy list would be comprised of cards that every deck can make use of. Some Any Heroes, Beyonder, A-Next, 5 Multi would be on the list for sure. I don't want to specify character specific cards or heroes except for Malebolgia.

Lies!  I think you're trying to force me to shell out 30$ for a Phoenix 11 if we play BBH's format again!

Jack

Quote from: Hot Rod on June 13, 2011, 03:42:07 PM

Lies!  I think you're trying to force me to shell out 30$ for a Phoenix 11 if we play BBH's format again!
Well, if I'm running the tournament, I won't be using BBH's rules. :P

Hot Rod

Quote from: Jack on June 13, 2011, 04:19:56 PM

Well, if I'm running the tournament, I won't be using BBH's rules. :P

But defensive Vertigo + Image Inducer is fun!  I'd play it again.   :P

BigBadHarve

No one MADE you use Phoenix.   :o

BTW - I've got an X-man character for your Dad. Are you coming for Wednesday? We're hoping to hook up for some rounds.

-BBH

Hot Rod

There's a good chance I'll make it out.

I've pretty much finished my dads deck, so I'm just at the mercy of the "Powers That Be" for a deck to run.

And yeah, he said you wanted a Hideout Discovered?  I don't know how many you need but I think I've still got 6 or 7.

Palatinus

Is Malebolgia a really hard card to get?

Jack

Quote from: Palatinus on June 14, 2011, 09:30:42 AM

Is Malebolgia a really hard card to get?
I just want to see him in a deck. :P

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Hot Rod on June 13, 2011, 10:56:17 PM
There's a good chance I'll make it out.

I've pretty much finished my dads deck, so I'm just at the mercy of the "Powers That Be" for a deck to run.

And yeah, he said you wanted a Hideout Discovered?  I don't know how many you need but I think I've still got 6 or 7.

I want a Hideout Discovered! What can I do for you? :)
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Jack

Going to get 2 hot seats running for recorded matches. So you people catching the live stream will only get 1/2 the action!