ANNOUNMENT: New England Tournament #3

Started by Ravencroft, June 25, 2011, 01:03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravencroft

Okay, since i won the last tourney i get to make the theme for the next one. It took me all of three seconds to decide on it. Then two days to "redefine" the idea. Are you ready for the...

EVENT ROULETTE WHEEL OF DESTINY: Random Power Edition

So here is the deal. Deck construction is simple. Before you make a deck you visit/call the store in which it will be held, Command D comics or Whats in the Attic comics and antique store, and you or they roll a four sided die which corresponds to the power types. 1= Energy 2=Fighting, ETC ETC. The type you roll has to be the highest cumulative stat of your team.
Example i roll a 3 corresponding to strength. I build the team of Fairchild, H4H, Ghost Rider, Thing. That deck is legal, but the deck of Ghost Rider, Namor, H4H, and X-Babies would not be as fighting and strength are equal. Also the cards coded GI are banned, and your deck can not contain event cards. Explanation to follow.

Event roulette wheel of destiny  you say? Yes this is the main cheese of this tournament. Every hand each player will spin a wheel and that will be their event. Its just that simple.

The only "house rules" are simple.
No marvels
Regular tourney rules as i know them at least
House made cards are legal
                        This is where it gets tricky. Command D made cards that are deemed legal while there. They have made new characters, such as Howard the Duck, Kamandi, Nova, Mr. Freeze, Myphisto and a playable Nightwing. New specials for people such as Mystique, Green Latern/Paralax, Spider-man, Dr. Doom, Mr. Fantastic, Punisher, Nightcrawler, Angel, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Joker, Carnage, Apocalypse, Poison Ivy, and mayve two more i can't think of. Some of the new cards make these characters playable. Like Dr Doom getting a negate, a 6f cant be defended by a int icon, and an int version of gathering winds. That makes Doom Good. They even have their own any heroes too. For more information and details shoot me a message.
The date we are aiming for is late July, early August. If we get some travelers, we can put a definite date on it sooner.
So tell me what you think!