Hey there

Started by Monlikedeeko, June 22, 2016, 01:15:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monlikedeeko

Hey guys. New to the group here and have a question.

If a card states, "a character can not be spectrum or cumulative ko'd by fighting cards", is it supposed to read as "cards with a fighting icon"? If not, which cards are affected?

Thanks in advance.

Jack

Which card are you referirng to?

Tussin

Monlikedeeko

Yes, but I found a homemade for Doomsday that says, "fighting cards", not "cards with a fighting icon". So I just wanted to know what the difference was.

Jack

Ask the creator how to interpret it. Can't really know what they wanted with that card.

Monlikedeeko

This chat is not allowing me to attach the file. It's Doomsday's OPD and was written just as I wrote it. I'm sure I've seen cards that say cannot be defended by ie "fighting cards". So I'd just like some clarification on what that encompasses.

Jack

Then assume it's like this card and it'll be Fighting Power cards.

justa

The card is "Reactive Adaptation".  I believe it was part of Bios' DC OverPower set from a couple of years ago, but since I never kept a log of who made what, I can't swear to it.  I don't think I've seen him post on the site in quite a while.  (The DTR provision makes it more usable.)

Monlikedeeko

Thanks. I guess I'm wondering what the difference is between, "cards with a fighting icon" and "fighting cards".
Can someone please clarify?

Also, if a character has two specials with the same special code, can they both be used or are they considered duplicates?

Jack

Cards with Fighting icon could mean activators, teamworks with fighting bonuses -- cards in which their primary function isn't a fighting attack.

Fighting cards, which is not correct current verbiage, means Fighting power cards, which are the 8 cards.

joe_fixit

Also, if a character has two specials with the same special code, can they both be used or are they considered duplicates?
[/quote]

Special cards are only considered duplicates if they have both the same code and the same name. Just to clarify, you can have multiple copies of a special in your deck (unless it says One Per Deck on the card), they only become duplicates when drawn in the same hand or when a second copy is drawn of an already placed special.

Monlikedeeko

Thanks guys. You've been very helpful.