2 questions - about the reserve

Started by breadmaster, April 14, 2011, 12:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palatinus

True, but Krakoa doesn't seem like a bad homebase.  With Polaris in reserve and able to attack for the battle you could pull of some interesting team work attacks with Wolverine and Colossus.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Palatinus on April 14, 2011, 01:43:23 PM
True, but Krakoa doesn't seem like a bad homebase.  With Polaris in reserve and able to attack for the battle you could pull of some interesting team work attacks with Wolverine and Colossus.

Right, but then you're not using Sunfire from Reserve for his 4S...
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Palatinus

No, but you are.  You play his teamworks after he hits with his 4.

BigBadHarve

Quote from: Palatinus on April 14, 2011, 01:53:34 PM
No, but you are.  You play his teamworks after he hits with his 4.

Assuming you hit with the 4... ;)

-BBH

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Palatinus on April 14, 2011, 01:43:23 PM
True, but Krakoa doesn't seem like a bad homebase.  With Polaris in reserve and able to attack for the battle you could pull of some interesting team work attacks with Wolverine and Colossus.
emphasis added

I can't have both in Reserve! Or can I...? Dazzler does have that IA-coded special in THE MARVELS...!
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

Palatinus

Sorry, I said Polaris but I meant Sunfire in reserve.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Palatinus on April 14, 2011, 06:48:37 PM
Sorry, I said Polaris but I meant Sunfire in reserve.

I got it now  :) I was just making sure I didn't miss something. But also! what if you did get them both into Reserve! just sayin' that'd be pretty cool  8)
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

Palatinus

Play a battlesite with Dazzler and use Rebel Defense.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Palatinus on April 15, 2011, 11:42:23 AM
Play a battlesite with Dazzler and use Rebel Defense.

yes!
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

AO user

so during discard phase IF you have controlled burned PLACED or IN HAND can you keep other sunfire specials in hand (and use IF burn lands)?  A  multi 9 from reserve would be epic! 

teesaw

I think yes.  I believe the rule is that a card is considered playable (i.e. doesn't need to be discarded in discard phase) if you can play it using the cards currently available to you (not relying on draw).
"I could almost taste the victory...but ultimately it was denied, as is usually the case." - Nate Grey

My Customs

Latest Customs: Black BoltIron Fist * S.H.

chuu

Ya, i think you can keep it since if you had a teamwork and powercard in hand and then had to use the powercard to block and couldn't use the TW anymore it would still be a legal move.