Drawn cards and Event cards

Started by gameplan.exe, August 26, 2010, 01:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameplan.exe

What happens to an Event card that's drawn, but not part of your initial 8 card draw?
-
For example, if I play (draw 3 cards) and one of them is an Event, does it still take effect?  Or, from my actual experience, my opponent Ventured 4.  I drew my 2 cards and one of them was the Event "No Strength Power cards may be played this battle".  Obviously, I lobbied to have it effective, he was opposed to it.  We searched all of the Official rules and Meta-rules and came up short...
-
In the end, we flipped a coin (I won the toss and the battle because of it), but has anyone encountered this?  In particular, has anyone had a Tournament ruling on it?  Thanks.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

BigBadHarve

Welcome to the boards!

Extra events are always discarded into the dead pile. Events are only played immediately after the draw phase, before the discard phase.

It should be noted that events that actually get played are discarded into the 'Defeated Heroes' pile, instead of the dead pile.

-BBH

gameplan.exe

That's a bummer! Also, thanks for the reminder about where to discard Events.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

Karmanal of Zert

Dead on, BBH. I think it should also be noted here that even if you draw more than one Event in your "real" hand, you still have to pick just one to go into effect! BBH kind of implied that but just in case you didn't know, now you do!  ;D

gameplan.exe

Yeah, thanks Karmanal. I did know about the "choosing". We actually made a house rule for that, figuring that Events are fun and shouldn't be altogether lost. So if we draw 2 events in a hand, we just bury the 2nd one back into our draw pile for later. It makes it a little more *ahem* eventful!
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27