DC character ability errata

Started by Uthanak, August 12, 2018, 01:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uthanak

The wiki is down and I remember seeing on it a list of errata ability added to DC characters to make them more playable. Like Killer croc needed 25 damage or 4 color to be k'od. Anyone has the list of all the added abilities? Thank you, kind regards.

justa

I've never seen anything official on this, but there have been all sorts of IAs added to DC characters in custom cards different people have made.  most of these also have modified grids to "better describe" the character (obviously in the creator's opinion).  the problem is that very few people buy-in to other's homemade cards.  yet if its "legacy", they accept it as canon no matter how ridiculous it is.
judging from your post (I may be wrong), you're only looking for legacy characters with the same grid as the legacy character card.  I suppose I could take some time & type up a list for you of ones I've seen, if you think its worth it.  let me know.

Uthanak

It was in the OverPower rule reform on the wiki, but the wiki seems to be defunct. I think it was partially official, The Toronto club used these rules I think.

Uthanak

==DC Character inherent abilities== The following inherent abilities are considered legal for play. To use them - Print up the inherent at 8 point type, tapeit to a clear sleeve and slide your character into the sleeve. Make sure the character's grid is not obscured. '''Bane''': Intellect power grid is 8 offensive actions. '''Catwoman''': May play 'prowling by night' from reserve. '''Commissioner Gordon & the GCPD''': Team's Universe: Basic cards count toward venture when used for defense. '''Hazard''': Energy power cards are +1 when used to attack. '''Huntress''': May attack from reserve with power cards. '''Joker''': Attacks made with Multi-power power cards may only be defended by the target character. '''Killer Croc''': May only be cumulative ko'd with 25 pts, or spectrum Ko'd with four types. '''Metropolis SCU''': May have two special cards placed, may not be duplicate. '''Nightwing''': May place and play Robin "Surfing the Net" and Batman "Martial Arts Expert" Special cards. '''Penguin''': May make 1 intellect attack after opponent has conceded the battle. Opponent may defend. '''Poison Ivy''': May place 'Any-hero' specials. '''Riddler''': May place cards upside down. Normal placing limits still apply. '''Steel''': Strength power grid is 8 for defense. May defend teammates with level 7 or 8 power cards usable by Steel. '''Superboy''': Energy attacks may not be affected by cards already in play. '''Supergirl''': May defend any teammate with power cards. Effective in reserve or front line. '''Thorn''': Team's Universe: Basic cards count towards damage and venture. '''Two-Face''': Attacks made with 'Flip ofthe Coin' must be defended twice.

justa

was this list from the old wiki page?  I've seen them all made, though 3 differed from your list: *this is what the made cards said)
Bane - it was Fighting, not Intellect
Comm. Gordon & GCPD - Basic U counts for damage & Venture total (how can they count defensively?)
Killer Croc - I've seen one or the other, but not both on the same card.
I'm not sure what list the person who made those cards went by to make them.

Uthanak

BasiliskFang

Quote from: Uthanak on September 13, 2018, 11:42:15 AM
==DC Character inherent abilities== The following inherent abilities are considered legal for play. To use them - Print up the inherent at 8 point type, tapeit to a clear sleeve and slide your character into the sleeve. Make sure the character's grid is not obscured.

'''Bane''': Intellect power grid is 8 offensive actions.

'''Catwoman''': May play 'prowling by night' from reserve.

'''Commissioner Gordon & the GCPD''': Team's Universe: Basic cards count toward venture when used for defense.

'''Hazard''': Energy power cards are +1 when used to attack.

'''Huntress''': May attack from reserve with power cards. '''Joker''': Attacks made with Multi-power power cards may only be defended by the target character.

'''Killer Croc''': May only be cumulative ko'd with 25 pts, or spectrum Ko'd with four types.

'''Metropolis SCU''': May have two special cards placed, may not be duplicate.

'''Nightwing''': May place and play Robin "Surfing the Net" and Batman "Martial Arts Expert" Special cards.

'''Penguin''': May make 1 intellect attack after opponent has conceded the battle. Opponent may defend.

'''Poison Ivy''': May place 'Any-hero' specials.

'''Riddler''': May place cards upside down. Normal placing limits still apply.

'''Steel''': Strength power grid is 8 for defense. May defend teammates with level 7 or 8 power cards usable by Steel.

'''Superboy''': Energy attacks may not be affected by cards already in play.

'''Supergirl''': May defend any teammate with power cards. Effective in reserve or front line.

'''Thorn''': Team's Universe: Basic cards count towards damage and venture.

'''Two-Face''': Attacks made with 'Flip of the Coin' must be defended twice.

BigBadHarve

Yeah, these definitely aren't official. They were ideas I'd come up with years ago, and we allowed them for one of our events.