LIVING ISLAND (Krakoa Aspect)

Started by gameplan.exe, June 13, 2012, 04:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameplan.exe

I could have sworn this was discussed somewhere, but I looked back through all the postings in the Rules section, and couldn't find anything.

I was thinking of making use of this card, specifically to suck up Power cards so that my opponent might have, say, no more level 5 Power cards when they get to the Power Pack. But, then I thought maybe it doesn't quite work that way.

When I play this card, and the hit goes against my Homebase, does it go to its "Permanent Record" as per usual? Seems like it would...

Or (to my disappointment) would the hit be returned to my opponent after battle?

Has anyone ever actually used this Homebase during the official days? does the tournament guide shed light?
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Nostalgic

I made a team using that homebase because I thought the hits stayed on the homebase's c/p record. I don't know about the tournament days, but it would kind of suck if you had to return hits to the opponent.
ncannelora -"I don't care if you're Captain - freakin' - America, you ALWAYS avoid a Standoff with Wolverine!!!"

a_noble_kaz - "If Mr Fantastic had an AO, he would be the god of Overpower."

Demacus

Since you can't KO a homebase, I don't see why the hits would stay after they hit.  Homebases don't have a defined "Hits From Current Battle/Hits on the Permanent Record" since they normally cannot be attacked.  I don't see why Krakoa would be different, unless you COULD eventually KO the homebase itself.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Demacus on June 16, 2012, 12:54:08 PM
Since you can't KO a homebase, I don't see why the hits would stay after they hit.  Homebases don't have a defined "Hits From Current Battle/Hits on the Permanent Record" since they normally cannot be attacked.  I don't see why Krakoa would be different, unless you COULD eventually KO the homebase itself.

It's definitely exceptional this way, but what other Location is actually ALIVE? see? that's the whole purpose behind the Aspect, I think. It's like it's swallowing up the attack... it seems right to me...

at any rate, there is definitely no precedent either way.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

Demacus

Ah, but everything that is swallowed by the living is eventually... eh... discarded...  Yeah...

thetrooper27

"wow...never notice how JACKED pym is in that pic before!" -breadmaster

Jack

Sticks on the homebase. Weird as it is, the homebase gains a current/permanent record because of this.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: Jack on April 25, 2013, 10:16:09 AM
Sticks on the homebase. Weird as it is, the homebase gains a current/permanent record because of this.

I concur  ;)
- breadmaster

- thetrooper27

thetrooper27

I suppose it's only relevant to Krakoa, but can you ko a homebase?  Or does the hit just sit there?

Jack

It sits there. There's no KO to a homebase.

thetrooper27

Has anyone ever used this card as a part of their strategy? 

I'm assuming the hit counts to venture total, right Jack?

Jack

The card states that it counts to venture.

I don't recall seeing Krakoa in a meetup, except as a Battlesite.

AO user

As a HOMEBASE and wolvie plays standoff can the aspect be used to shift attack to HOMEBASE ?  i.e.  Does player, hero or HOMEBASE play an aspect?

AO user

Quote from: Jack on April 27, 2013, 12:01:12 AM
The card states that it counts to venture
Can run from the slaughter or the like from a battlesite heal homebase to lower the venture points or is that for characters only?

Jack

Characters only. There is only 1 card to heal locations, but that is only for Battlesites: