"Avoid 1 Attack with a [X] icon" and Teamwork Cards

Started by Kyoujin, July 18, 2014, 10:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyoujin

This is somewhat convoluted, but I'll do my best to explain my query.

Hypothetically, if I play Thunderbird's LO in response to a teamwork card that has a fighting icon, can I avoid ANY attack associated with that teamwork, whether it be a fighting attack or otherwise?  I'm not sure how the ruling works with how the subesquent power cards work with the teamwork card.

Thanks!

BigBadHarve

I would say no, you only consider the icons on the cards that are presented.

Once the TW has been dealt with, the follow ups aren't considered to bear the icons of the TW, they are their own entity.

If anyone has any reference to the rules that contradict that, by all means post them.

Jack

Meta 86:
QuotePower cards that are played as part of a Teamwork attack are still considered to be played as a part of the Teamwork attack (and all icons from the Teamwork card are considered to be a part of the attack). Special cards that are played after playing an Ally card are not considered as part of a Universe card attack. The icons do not join with the Special played.

Kyoujin

Based on Meta Rule 86, can we state that so long as the icon in question is present on a teamwork card, ANY attack can, in fact, be avoided?

BigBadHarve

Well then.

And people wonder why this game died. Fucking stupid rules.

BasiliskFang

Quote from: BigBadHarve on July 18, 2014, 04:09:08 PM
Well then.

Maybe with is subjective, not objective:

Allows to avoid the TW or the following hit.

Allows to avoid the TW with that specific icon, or the power card (if the TW had the specified icon).

Does not allow to avoid the TW, only the power card following.

It does coincide with the rule that hits during a turn are all part of "one action", and when they land they become separate.

odbjosh

Palatinus

Quote from: odbjosh on July 18, 2014, 07:48:16 PM
Quote from: BigBadHarve on July 18, 2014, 04:09:08 PM
Well then.

Amen!

Although the games death really had nothing to do with problems with rules and really to do with production issues.

Kyoujin

What were some of the production issues?  I'm curious. 

The game itself is the most unique card game I have ever played, in that it shares absolutely none of the features Magic applies, which I believe to be the market standard.