Chained chains

Started by halcyon1234, January 10, 2013, 08:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

halcyon1234

I forget the official ruling on chain of chains.

If I play a FE (each teammate may make 1 attack), and the teammate plays an AA, does the teammate get to make their additional attack(s)-- but I lose all additional attacks from the FE.  In other words:

1) Invisible Woman plays FE
2) Wolverine plays AA
3) Either Wizard plays a Power Card, and Wolverine loses his additional attack OR Wolverine plays a card and Wizard loses his attack

Right?

BasiliskFang

http://overpower.ca/wiki/Meta_Rule:9

Specials that allow a follow up can be played after another Special that allows a follow up. If a Special allows for teammates to make follow-up attacks, then any follow-up actions allowed by Specials played as a result of that are all lost. If the Special granting a follow up has been played following a non-Special card (like an Ally card) then the follow up attacks are not lost.

halcyon1234

So there is a Meta rule that makes the game less fun. Gotcha.  After reading it about 10 times, I believe this translates into: No.

BasiliskFang

A chain can not lead into a fork.

BasiliskFang

Can you do
Ally
FE invisible woman
OF - effect (energy replica cap'n)
Wolverine tracking senses
A next
Invisible ram 9s or wounded animal 8+

Venture could be
3,3,6,5,4,9 or 1,3,?,5,4,8+
Types:
Any,I,E,I,S,F

Team of cap'n or professor x, wolverine or longshot, invisible woman or Adam or savage dragon

steve2275

not sure about the OF

but no you cant play a next in the middle
you cant play logan or susie twice like that
actually im not sure...sorry

Jack

The specials that allow for immediate play of cards, like the OB/OF, will be allowed to do those actions, but they will lose any additional attacks that come from it.

If OF was an additional attack, it is unsuccessful and you draw, say, an AA special. You can choose to play that AA but there are no additional attacks from it. Likewise, for OB, if it is successful, and you pick up A-Next, you can use that to attack, but you won't get additionals from it.

BasiliskFang

Meta rule 9 limits specials, not aspects.

Jack

Then I retract my statement for now. It doesn't seem too broken to have a chain like that.

BasiliskFang

it actually may be possible to play Wolverine's AA before the wounded animal.
If a Special allows for teammates to make follow-up attacks, then any follow-up actions allowed by Specials played as a result of that are all lost.
Not for AA after A-Next.
QuoteIf the Special granting a follow up has been played following a non-Special card (like an Ally card) then the follow up attacks are not lost.
For AA after A-Next. But, how far does the "following" definition reach? Immediately following? Ever following?

Jack

There's noting stopping a self-chain from continuing forever with additional attacks. The only limitations are with teammate follow ups.

BasiliskFang

Ally
FE invisible woman
OF - effect (energy replica cap'n)
Wolverine tracking senses
A next
Wolverine AA
wounded animal 8+
can you think of a longer chain? i added AA

Jack

You're assuming too much about the game with that chain. The OF needs to be blocked, with the OB on the top of the draw pile, then the OB needs to land, hoping your A-Next isn't drawn previously, etc.

Strategy wise, you're better off with a lock down deck. Or using Beyonder as a self-chainer.

steve2275

doctor strange fits lockdown(using AV specials right?) and can self chain
to to