avoid 1 attack with _____ icon

Started by breadmaster, April 30, 2012, 06:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drdeath25

The rules say you could use one of these on a teamwork follow up. So thats the way i've played, even if it doesn't make sense to me.

My question is about the activator thing. Someone attacks me with a 7s special card with a activator. Can i use the avoid 1 energy attack card i have to block it?

I have always played yes, it does, since the attack is using the activator which has a energy icon. But im not sure its right, and would like to hear other opinions.

BigBadHarve

Quote from: drdeath25 on November 30, 2012, 10:58:42 PM
The rules say you could use one of these on a teamwork follow up. So thats the way i've played, even if it doesn't make sense to me.

My question is about the activator thing. Someone attacks me with a 7s special card with a activator. Can i use the avoid 1 energy attack card i have to block it?

I have always played yes, it does, since the attack is using the activator which has a energy icon. But im not sure its right, and would like to hear other opinions.

Pretty much, yeah.

The idea behind it, I believe, was that the card from a battlesite is considered to also 'be with' the activator, which has the icons. At least, that's how it was explained to me. I never agreed with it, I think you should pretty much just take the card you're using into account.... but what can you do, right?

-BBH

gameplan.exe

Quote from: BigBadHarve on November 30, 2012, 11:52:46 PM

Pretty much, yeah.

The idea behind it, I believe, was that the card from a battlesite is considered to also 'be with' the activator, which has the icons. At least, that's how it was explained to me. I never agreed with it, I think you should pretty much just take the card you're using into account.... but what can you do, right?

-BBH

hold up, wait...

I thought that the "avoid [power type] attack" was only good for the actually power type used to attack - so the icons on an Activator wouldn't come into play...
so if drdeath25 played an "avoid 1 attack with an Energy icon" = good defense
but if drdeath25 played an "avoid 1 Energy attack" = not a good defense

???
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

BigBadHarve

Quote from: ncannelora on December 01, 2012, 12:14:54 AM
hold up, wait...

I thought that the "avoid [power type] attack" was only good for the actually power type used to attack - so the icons on an Activator wouldn't come into play...

???

You sir are correct. Sorry, it's late and I misread - I was thinking he'd said energy icon, not energy attack.

Yes, if someone attacks you with a 7 strength attack from a site, you can't use an avoid that avoids and energy 'attack' but you CAN use one that says avoid 1 attack with an energy ICON.

Bedtime for me, methinks. :P

-BBH

KObossy

Quote from: ncannelora on December 01, 2012, 12:14:54 AM
Quote from: BigBadHarve on November 30, 2012, 11:52:46 PM

Pretty much, yeah.

-BBH

hold up, wait...

???

I am now selling all OverPower cards that avoid or hint on avoiding anything. I am now playing Marvel Hero Squad TCG. :o