The Crossing and Flash

Started by DarKBladE09, December 09, 2012, 11:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarKBladE09

If someone plays the event from the crossing that says "no energy power cards may be used to attack this battle", can flash still play his special that says "discard one energy card usuable by flash to draw 4 cards from draw pile. may keep duplicates"? You're not playing the energy card, you're discarding it is how i read this scenario.

thetrooper27

As long as you're not making an attack, I'd say you can do anything you want with your energy power cards.

I wonder if you can still combine them with AE attacks though... or Doubleshots...  probably not, but it's worth asking about just to be sure.
"wow...never notice how JACKED pym is in that pic before!" -breadmaster

DarKBladE09

Sorry, got wording wrong. "The event says no energy cards may be played this battle". So I guess the question remains, does discarding in that scenario count as played?

thetrooper27

I still don't think it matters, but you should wait until someone else gives you the official.
"wow...never notice how JACKED pym is in that pic before!" -breadmaster

steve2275

Quote from: DarKBladE09 on December 10, 2012, 12:46:15 AM
Sorry, got wording wrong. "The event says no energy cards may be played this battle". So I guess the question remains, does discarding in that scenario count as played?
you would discard during the discard phase

DarKBladE09

the energy card could be placed, and the additional text on the event says "Affected power cards are not discarded", so potentially you could keep the energy card in hand. I'm just wondering if this event makes the flash special unable to be played.

BigBadHarve

Yes, it makes the 'Tapping the speed force' unplayable. The card you discard must be playable by the character, unless otherwise stated.

-BBH

DarKBladE09

ok so "discarding" in that scenario is considered "playing" the energy card. Thanks.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: DarKBladE09 on December 10, 2012, 03:15:13 PM
ok so "discarding" in that scenario is considered "playing" the energy card. Thanks.

well, not exactly. effectively, yes, but technically, no.
the rules regarding the JA Specials say that the Power card must be a usable Power card. the Event then says that there are no usable Power cards, so you can't play it.

on the other hand, you could still discard an Energy Power card to play Leech from Morlocks, or Combat Ready for Hawkeye, for example. those discards do not have to be playable cards.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27