Scarlet Witch / Carnage inherent abilities

Started by mattkoz, July 26, 2011, 04:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattkoz

So the inherent effect on the venture total counts for the rest of the game once they are KOed and not just for the one battle in which they get KOed?

Carnage (5-7-4-2) "Team +5 to Venture Total when K.O.'d."
Scarlet Witch (7-3-2-5) "Opponent's team -5 to Venture Total when K.O.'d."

That would make the inherent much more valuable. I hadn't read it that way.

Jack

Demacus

Yeah. Each can only be KO'ed once per game... unless of course you play with Dr. Strange's Necromancy or Infinity Gauntlet's Mad God Raises Dead or something of that ilk.

mattkoz

OK, thanks for the clarification. So I was reading it correctly. I was reading something else in the deck construction thread that made me think twice.

Some of the meta rules in this game can be more complicated the more you look/think about them.

gameplan.exe

Quote from: mattkoz on July 26, 2011, 07:25:06 PM
Some of the meta rules in this game can be more complicated the more you look/think about them.

QFT!!
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27

Demacus

BigBadHarve

Kal-el

Quote from: BigBadHarve on July 27, 2011, 01:29:42 PM
I always liked 'QFT = Quite F***ing true'

But then, I'm a foulmouthed S.O.B.  :P

-BBH

That's all I'm going to be able to think of now.

thetrooper27

Quote from: Demacus on July 26, 2011, 07:19:27 PM
Yeah. Each can only be KO'ed once per game... unless of course you play with Dr. Strange's Necromancy or Infinity Gauntlet's Mad God Raises Dead or something of that ilk.

If I use the Infinity Gauntlet artifact to raise either of these characters, do I get the venture bonus each round I raise them?
"wow...never notice how JACKED pym is in that pic before!" -breadmaster

gameplan.exe

Quote from: thetrooper27 on March 31, 2013, 05:34:16 PM
Quote from: Demacus on July 26, 2011, 07:19:27 PM

If I use the Infinity Gauntlet artifact to raise either of these characters, do I get the venture bonus each round I raise them?

only if you can effect some kind of KO mechanic on them during the Battle. The Artifact doesn't say to KO the character at the end of the Battle, only to discard them.
"i was thinking again about the balance/realism issue... and despite the grids, i DO really like this game"
- breadmaster

"Even comics arent' as much fun as OverPower."
- thetrooper27