Battlesite questions - How to play

Started by Demacus, September 12, 2008, 07:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demacus

It has been 11 years since my last game of Overpower, and I'm a bit fuzzy on some of the rules.  I seem to recall a rule about Battlesites being an alternative to the "Any Character" specials.  My first question is about activator cards.  When you play an activator as an attack, do you target the character with the activator, or do you trade for the card imediately, and target with the card from the battlesite?  Number two, if you do have to target your opponent with the activator itself, can a special reading "Avoid a numeric attack" or "Avoid 1 attack of 9 or less" be used to defend the activator?  And the third question I have is, when Locations and Battlesites were introduced, a friend of mine who was also heavy into OP told me that a deck with a Homebase could NOT play against a deck without a Homebase.  Is this true?  A.K.A.  If you use locations, can your opponent use "Any Character" specials?  And if not, what is the point of the "Devourer of Worlds" AC special from the X-men set?  Please pardon the long windedness of this post, I am trying to get my friends to start playing again, and I would really like to be clear on these rules.

rucker73

When you play an activator card you switch it for the special beneath the battlesite and use the special as your attack, it may be defended in any way the openent chooses.  And you can play a team with a homebase against a team without, and a team with a battlesite can play against a team using any heroes.  Hope that helps.

OP RULES
"Wade! into action!"