Hello from Chicago

Started by Anyonecanbethebug, May 22, 2024, 07:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anyonecanbethebug

Hello all,

Name's Ralph and I'm from Chicago. I played OP as a kid with my dad and rediscovered it at the onset of pandemic with my girlfriend. I've always loved comic books and the crossover issues were always my favorite. I remember the first time I saw Marvel vs DC on the racks and even the first time I saw X-Men vs Street Fighter at the local 7-11. The fact that it was possible to do this with cards (I got swept up in MtG real young too) blew my young mind.

I've been recollecting since late '20/early '21 and I discovered this forum just by googling for tips on deck building and anything else OP related, after being received rather rudely by one of the larger Facebook groups. Eventually, I found a great FB community that welcomed my partner and I, and we eventually found out folks were making awesome customs that they'd share with their friends! We started making our own customs a short time later.

Nowadays, that's all I wanna do! I cook up and test new mechanics, come up with cards based on stuff a little off the beaten path of the Big 2, and run an online OP club where we play games. Three days a week a crew of us from all over the states meet up and jam games and shoot the shit, and I've started building a local group as well.

Anyways, that's me! Glad I could finally get an account in here, even if it took me a while to finally post.

Best,

R

Bloodwurm

justa

Welcome aboard, Ralph.
The forum could use some new blood - posting has been pretty slow for a while.  Maybe you could share some of your customs here on the board?  I like seeing other people's takes on characters.  That would be cool.  (In your "origin" scenario, I was the father who played with my kids.)