Meta rules question - Missing codes

Started by Demacus, July 24, 2011, 11:58:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demacus

I was using the overpower.ca site, and looking through the specials and rulings.  After making a list of special codes that don't exist, I cross checked rulings for the cards that do exist and noticed some incongruities.

For starters, when I was rules hunting, I noticed that none of the specials in the game are affected by Meta Rules 24, 117, 148, or 156.  Since none of the specials are affected, I have no idea what these rules even state and was wondering if anyone could help me out here.

Next thing I noticed was that some specials in the game don't have any meta rules tied to them at all.  I know most of these specials come from the unreleased set, but not all of them do.  Though some of these cards are pretty straight forward, I thought I'd list them anyways:  BP, DF, EN, ER, EZ, GG, KK and KO.

Next thing I noticed was that EN specials seem to have 1 of two possible effects.
     1. First example of the EN special is the New Universe/Fortress of Solitude Any Hero special that we all know.  Allows concession without loss/gain of venture.
     2. Second effect is an attack, that if successful adds +2 dmg to the attack.  Cyclops and Hazard both have one of these specials codes EN.
So, the question here is, is one of these styles of special mis-coded?  Cause according to New Universe, it acts as a duplicate to other EN specials, and though I'm not likely to play with Hazard any time soon, does having New Universe and his Cutting Laser in hand count as having dupes?

BigBadHarve

There were a few mis-coded specials.

Examples of the cards the 4 meta rules you mentioned refer to:

27 - Gambit - Charge Object - play with an action involving a universe card, universe card bonus is doubled.

117 - Tiffany - Heavenly Agent - Play during battle, when opponent draws cards, Tiffany may draw an equal number of cards. Must show opponent drawn cards, discard dupes.

148 - Any Hero: Confusion - Avoids all attacks from a teamwork card. Or target character must discard one placed teamwork.

156 - Wonder Woman: Blessed by the Gods. Choose any one card from the dead pile and play it immediately.

There is a massive inconsistency in the meta rules and how cards are played. It generally creates confusion. But we do our best to muddle through.

-BBH

Jack

Cyclops' and Hazard's EN are supposed to be CI specials.

Demacus

Do the CI specials add +2 to damage as well as venture total, or does it simply count as having hit 2 pts higher for the sake of Cumulative KO?

Jack

Nope, just damage, it doesn't add to venture. It also counts for spectrum (in the case of the Power Card + CI), if the hit is removed, the +2 stays and still counts for spectrum.

Demacus

Can anyone post these actual meta rules?

Meta #24 -
Meta #56 -
Meta #117 -
Meta #140 -

I can't seem to find these 4 anywhere, and I may have mis-posted in my original post asking about the missing metas.

Jack

http://overpower.ca/pages/meta.php

I'll shove them all into the wiki, unless they're already there and I didn't notice..

Demacus

Jack